m190 full auto, we 1911, KJW para ord, or m9elite

kevshin21

hey guys i just went cqbing and I realized pistols beats the rifle anytime of the day (my m4 racked 1-2 kills, my WA 1911 racked atleast 20-30) so I am considering buying a new pistol w/ lots of hi cap, low priced mags. Does anyone recommend any of the pistols above? Also Single action would be preferable, I shot the usp socom and the trigger is sloppy and long which I don't like (im guessing its double action) so please help me out. The person that convinces me to buy the pistol will be rewarded with a +1

Out of those choices, WE 1911, since it is pretty cheap and effective.

In general though, I suggest a Glock of some sort. Although they may look nasty (this can be fixed!) they are very practical. The grip is very comfortable, especially with gloves, you get 320-330 fps stock, very effecient range and accuracy in CQB terms, and very upgradeable. You can add flishlights, lasers, and scopes with scope mounts too! I would say check around for your favorite glock judging on their variety. Judge based on ROF, blowback/non, effeciency, size, etc.

The various M9's have about 40 rounds if they can take an M93R magazine of any sort, and if you seek full auto as an option, that comes in handy: the nearest things usually only have ten more rounds on that IIRC.

If it's capacity you seek, then perhaps an MAEG like the MP7 will do. 170 rounds from a hicap. It's not that cheap though for the actual thing, nor the 170 round hicap. However, the MP7 has STAR midcaps available, about 90 rounds or so max, for around $100 US, though I don't know how widely available they are right now.

If what you want is just a fun pistol, I'm afraid all your choices are fun. But the glock pistols are all useful, they can take a 50 round hicap for the 18C in some cases, and that makes it a happy medium: fun pistol and decent capacity.

Hmmm, never owned a glock of any sort, but I do own a couple of KJW para ords.

I have a pair of the full metal ones and I find them well balanced and a nice size and weight for my hands. Accuracy isn't as good as my other pistols (Desert Eagles) but they have nowhere near as long a barrel...

Still, niceley priced for full metal goodness, decent enough ammo capacity and reasonable accuracy.

Edit: KJW do have a slightly higher lemon rate than the longer established manufacturers (sp?), but most retailers will be very understanding if you do get a dud, and it's still a relatively rare occurance.

Well, it may not be a replica, but I have a WE 7" dragon, and its quite amazing. Shoots 360 out of the box on green, is pretty damn accurate with a 7" barrel, snd the mags are just about as cheap as glock or USP mags.

Plus it turns a lot of heads when I take it out at a game. It kicks like a mule on steroids, and it sounds great.

Just putting in my 2 cents.

EDIT: Also has a 31rd mag capacity

DOUBLE EDIT: Random Errors

ok well im leaning towards a glock now but what model? and it does not have to be full auto

edit: how can it be made not to look ugly? and what is wrong with the para ord?

I have recently gone for both the WE1911 and the HFC M190..... mainly because I like the full metal feel more than anything else. The WE is very nice but wouldn't be great for skirmishing as it struggles with cooldown after half a dozen shots.

The M190 is very good if you like the gun heavy...... it is also very well reviewed on here (take a look at the review data base).

I've been looking at getting a glock as my next purchase and after lots of research it seems the best bet is the KWA Glock 19 with metal slide (again the reviews on here are VERY good)...... if you can afford a little extra the KSC G19 is in theory better detailed.

I'd say go for the KWA G19...... let us know what you go for!

P.S. There are also lots of upgrades available for the G19 and mags are easy to find.

I have recently gone for both the WE1911 and the HFC M190..... mainly because I like the full metal feel more than anything else. The WE is very nice but wouldn't be great for skirmishing as it struggles with cooldown after half a dozen shots.

The M190 is very good if you like the gun heavy...... it is also very well reviewed on here (take a look at the review data base).

I've been looking at getting a glock as my next purchase and after lots of research it seems the best bet is the KWA Glock 19 with metal slide (again the reviews on here are VERY good)...... if you can afford a little extra the KSC G19 is in theory better detailed.

I'd say go for the KWA G19...... let us know what you go for!

P.S. There are also lots of upgrades available for the G19 and mags are easy to find.

i hear glock 19 is very good too but doenst it seem a bit small?

i have not herd a single bad thing about the m190 except for a bad trigger spring which is easy to fix and isn't always a problem.

the only problem i had with it was that i found it to have a kind of bulky grip which i didn't like when i held it, but then again i had been using a p99 up till then so that might be why i found it uncomfortable.

i have however herd some verry good things about the we 1911.

good luck either way.

The G19 fits my hand perfectly and I have large fingers as well as being about 5' 11". You could always buy grip extenders for your mags if it is a huge issue. In any case, to make it look better, you could make the slide silver, add a silencer, add a scope, add a foregrip, add a laser/torch, extended magazine (50 rounds), etc.

I say the KWA G19 (already has metal slide and barrel, if no trademarks bugs you just purchase a black slide with engraved trademarks and pm me on making it silver) or the KWA G17, which is a bit larger. Look around for reviews and such, personally I go for G19 for the compact size and the smaller hitman look with added silencer. If you need a larger grip and barrel, go G17 and you can add some of the same things.

PM me or Vicious V10s on the glocks.

EDIT: Another thing you may like on the KWA G17 is the preupgraded recoil spring and valve, it is very realistic so I am now leaning towards G17.

EDIT AGAIN:Editted my misinformation and here is a link to both of the guns, along with a starter package for the G19+G17 if you like:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=741 <G17

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...products_id=744 <G17 starter

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...products_id=241 <G19 starter

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...products_id=191 <G19

Good Luck on your decision!

The 18c is also another excellent choice, mainly because it has around the same size of the G17 if you like that, as well as the capabilities to go full auto. This can bail you out when your in a situation where you are outnumbered, etc. You also need to get either quite a few mags or one or two high capacity 50 round magazines.

Links:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...products_id=190 <Regular G18C

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1282 <Preupgraded G18C

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...products_id=550 <G18C Starter

The only things you may want to decide on at this point to eliminate one, is the size (eliminate G19 if you really want something larger) and price (eliminate G18C if you don't wanna spend more than you have to), along with other factors.

EDIT: Take note, the G18 I linked to you already has metal slide and barrel so it may be the reason for the higher cost.

Hope I am helping!

I think you should consider getting the P226 my friend has it and it is a great gun! Its very accurate and the hop up is pretty easy to adjust too, not like the glocks. If u also want more power then you can get the metal kit for the p226 and with green gas it will go up to 290 - 300 i think. My friends's p226 went up to 290.

For myself I will soon own 2 glock 18 C, if they ever get to me lol because they are in taiwan right now. I like the g18c because it has the full auto and glocks are fun to use. The glock that i shot isn't very accurate, but can save u alot of time if u have a slow tigger finger.

GOOD LUCK with your new pistol!

I haven't looked in to a KWA Glock, but I will be as a friend of mine wants one. Out of some of the info I have seen so far, it looks to be great, although it does require a bit more maintenance then some, but nothing too bad. I have noticed alot of topics asking for help with a problematic Glock, but this may be because it is very popular.

I own a WE 1911, and so far I think it might be my best GBB yet. I really haven't had any problem with cool down, in fact because of the gas and mag capacity it shots pretty well in cool temperatures. Like the Glocks, it has alot of upgrade/repair parts because it is a copy of the TM 1911. It's shots reach out to 130 ft too.

No idea on either the HFC M9 or the KJW. I have heard some good things about the WE 4.3. I was actually looking at it, however I really didn't think about it too much.

The KJW M9 Elite is decent, heavy build although metal quality is poor, but haven't had any problems with it. Its pretty accurate even though the barrel is more of a tube than anything else. Nice power, I'm guessing about 315 fps, but the blowback isn't very strong. KJW M9 mags are pretty easily available, but they are a little leaky, so you should get HFC or TM mags instead. Also on the plus is that the gun is compatible with most of the Marui M9 parts too.

If I were to give a recommendation, It would be the WE 1911 or a KWA Glock. Probably the KWA one, as it has those rather cool hi-capacity magazines, is very skirmish able, has plenty of parts for it, and is a good performer. I wouldn't get the full auto one unless you think you need it; those seem to be pretty complicated internally, and the selector switch has been known to have a few problems. I don't know, I think the full auto might be worth it to get. But you said that`you like the 1911 series, so you could get the WE 1911 and have no problem with that. You really shouldn't rule that out.

KJW para ord, in my experience, starts or ends up with a bad hop and ends up with a cracked hammer.

I'm not sure if you can get a reinforced hammer, I'm still looking.

The hop issue can be fixed by putting something in the hop unit to press down more. I would use my WA barrel and hop set, but it is also worn out and is near on impossible to perform the same modification. (I.e. completely different design).

Kevshin, passing on the glocks, or still want more info?

I found that a G23 could also be an option, it is a G19 with slight different look along with full auto capability. I like the G19 and G23 for the compact size with feels just perfect.

So two catagories:

Compact:

G19: Pros-Compact, cheap, durable, metal slide, good power, good accuracy, loads of options

Cons-Look

G23: Pros-same as above, but also full auto capable

Cons-Look+Price

Competition:

G17: Pros-Same as G19+larger

Cons-Same as G19

G18C: Pros-Same as G23+larger

Cons-Same as G23

Archived