VSR Stocks

=J=

Hey,

Iv got a VSR and recently got bored and sprayed the stock urban camo (looks pretty gd) trouble is, the novelty wore off after about 3 days. Iv trawled the internet and the only stocks i can find compatable the VSR are the Smokey's one (shown in a thread on here) and some crappy wooden one. The Smokey's one looks amazing but i just cant justify spending that much on an extra with a purely aesthetic benefit.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket stock for the VSR? Prefferably in the UK (theyre all abroad!)? Or even have any ideas on how to make one/convert another stock from a different gun?

Thanks,

J

The only place i know of, other than the Smokeys stock is some japanese company that mates a range of stocks, these are not supposed to be of great quality, though i cannot speak from personal views.

contact FarEast, as the place that sells them he can go to he might be able to give you some better information on them, like i said the shop doesnt come to mind maybe some one else knows?

Looks are not everything. Just paint your stock green and that will do the job. Or use the cam tape like on my rifle. You see you must choose between wall hanger or hard working rifle. If it's the hard working rifle then acept it will end up with dings in it and scratched at times. Look at the BAUERS stock to see what a working rifle looks like. :umnik:

The standard stock is super light and in multi day games that is appreciated.

The main idea is not to be seen at the end of the day .... so who cares what you "look like"... :huh: - that is my mentality anyway.

I do not like pistol grip stocks on rifles and much prefere a stock with a conventional thumb over grip. :)

Just my too penneth.

Good hunting ;)

make a stock!

i have :D

three bits of wood - two sides and the centre - cut the basic shape of all three bits accordingly then cut the middle bit to house the trigger mech -

after ALOT of sanding, and adjustments, it will fit like a glove :D

takes along time though, and a fair amount of woodwork tools are required.

Except it will be some sort of K98/m700 weird hybrid then :P

With regards to the "japanese store" that makes VSR stocks, its Frontier :)

Nice to see KIC appear to have some other VSR options, though they all look too hunting rifle styled for my personal tastes, and they aren't exactly cheap either, £140+ for the best design (cl_metal_snakes favourite of them)

Yer the linked ones are nice, but IMO dont come close to the Smokey's one, that just looks amazing!

I did consider making one, trouble is i wasn't particuarly keen on using wood and i couldnt think of anything else to make it out of!

Anyone know the Smokey's website?

Cheers guys! :D

Archived