Tokyo Marui m4

directorcass

I have sold my G3SAS and am now going to purchase an M4. I want to stick to TM just because I know them and their quality better than CA, ICS, G&G, etc. I do know that these companies are good for the most part and I have heard good and bad about all of them. I'm looking for feedback on whether it would be better to get an M4 S-System or to get an M4 and upgrade it. Does anyone out there have an S-System yet? I am not a big airsoft player as there is virtually nowhere around me to play. I'm more of a collector. Plus, I don't want this post to come across as "duh, which one should I get?" I know a little more than that about "airsoft". Just looking for feedback from the more experienced people out there. Oh, as I have owned a G3SAS it's obvious I don't care about how "pretty" it is :waggle::P .

I would not recommend a TM m4 to anyone. Barrel Wobble, plastic body, plastic plastic etc...

If you are out for a nice m4, if you want a collectors item, go for ICS or CA, or G&P etc... Personaly I woulr recommend ICS just because I use it all the time with no problems, not to mention the forward release, metal body, no barrel wobble, modular gearbox the list goes on...

Their quality far surpasses TM armalites. I know this isnt what you wanted to know, but I wanted to mention it before you waste your money on a TM m4.

If you have to get a TM Armalite, I'd go for the Ssystem. lots of metal reinforcement, and I heard the barrel's made of one piece (finally). If you want to upgrade a regular M4A1 with metal receiver and one piece barrel, you'd be better off just getting a CA to start with.

Thanks for the input people. It seems that everyone has their favorites, as do I. However, I think I will be going for the CA M15A4 RIS. Read a lot of reviews on CA and TM and posts from other forums. Both have supporters and nay sayers saying the other one sucks and mine is better. I'll get the one I like and report back. Also, I'm 37 years old and have a 13 year old job so money on my part is not an issue :P . Thanks again everyone! I guess I'll have to change my avatar now too :o .

I figure no matter what one I buy I will be spending money on it to make it my own style. Might as well start with one that's already got a metal body. Man, I wish I had a walk-in airsoft store around here :angry: !

I would still like to here from anyone who actually "owns" an S-System though. Again, thanks for the help!

I have owned a TM M4. It is an ok gun, I dont know why you guys are making it out to be a piece of ######. I have personally used a CA or ICS yet, but I know people who have.

My friend had an ICS MP5. The gearbox was so badly put into the gun that it fell outta postion. He sent it back to the retailer twice overseas, and they fixed it each time but it kept on falling out.

If you want a metal body and and dont mind a hefty price...Go for the Systema armalite series. They cost about $1000 but hey it is the most realistic gun that anyone makes. Every single peice of it is metal because it is used to train SWAT and ARMY peeps that need to know how to weild such a massive gun in the field and not die.

I never thought I would say this, but for go for the CA. I havent heard too many bad things about them other then they cost alot for the same performance ( or about the same performance ) as a tokyo marui.

The TM M4-S is nice, but you have to know this...the rail system on it is all plastic except the actual rails are metal. Sure it looks cool, but if you drop to hard it might snap in half. I have talked to a good friend, retailer by the way, and he has told me that the styling on the s-system is the best he has ever seen.

really it comes down to your budget and wants. Just remember that when you have an all-metal-body it will be TONS heavier and will be hard to weild even to show your friends.

if you budget is low you could just buy a TM M4 and buy a CA metal body and augment it onto the gun and buy a Samuri system which looks exactly like the S-system rails. It will cost more but, hey it will be all metal and wont cost as much as the Systema ones and it will have bettter specs internally.

I have an M4A1 by TM for sale if you want to buy it. It is slightly used, only a few scratches but still in working order and still is a beauty...PM me and Ill send you some pictures if you want...

~Prometheus

Archived