wich aeg should i choose

Silent Hunter

:blink: has anybody got any suggestions on a good starter aeg for me beocase iv'e never had one in the past iv'e just stuck to gas products currently i own a

mac 11 and a gas m8000 cougar but now i think its time to invest in an aeg iv'e read lot's of reviews but i still can't make my mind up iv'e been thinking about a tm m733 but some advise would be usefull.

I'm glad he did- yes, its annoying for all us "experts" when people new to the sport, and as such to the website and forums, ask painfully repetative questions, but this is a sort of information clearing house for airsoft, a sport which is growing in popularity but is still relatively unknown. So it sort of makes sense to help people new to the sport rather than flaming them and putting them off even thinking about taking it up.

I'd like to add that I, and a great many people who joined the site roughly when I did, asked the same or similar questions when we first started out, and thanks to the (usually) friendly and informative responses I now put airsoft on my C.V. in the "interests and hobby" section. Something I doubt I would do if I'd been flamed everytime I asked a forum member a basic question.

don't mean to moralise and earbash (well, ok, I do) but its just something to think about.

I think when newbies get hammered for asking the same questions isnt right!!!

No, but i think you'll agree that if the information to the said "newB" question is available and horrendously obvious at the top of the Newbie section, then the 'seasoned veterans' are allowed to singe them a little :rolleyes:

An overall good choice would be an MP5 if you are going for both CQB and woodland, it is short enough to be waved around inside buildings and because in airsoft the ranges are typically low, the range of the MP5 is pretty much the same as say an M4 or an AK47.

by the same token, a G36C or P-90 would be wise purchases also, however all three of these guns have their drawbacks, I am unsure how big a battery a P-90 can hold, I'm fairly sure the G36C can hold only a small batteryand the MP5 has very small Hi-caps (220 rounds, not big enough really).

Don't get me wrong, Armalites, Aks and the like a good choices (really all TM AEGs perform pretty much the same). But if you are doing any form of CQB a short wepaon would be advised.

Nearg!

Me wants flame war :angry: !

Anyway :huh: i think a FAMAS or an AK.

Just because for a newb (unless you want to create swiss army guns) AK47s and FAMAS' will give you little hastle.

They are both in the lower price range, have good ratings by all... we hope... and have lots of people who own them so can help with possible problems.

Also Unique

GoodNight :P

Xander

Now now - no 'singing' our visitors please ;)

Silent_Hunter: I'll close this thread now to avoid a flame-war breaking out (although everyone's been pretty well restrained so far), but if you have read the guide and done your research, come back and ask if you have any further questions you have. Make sure that you provide as much relevant info as you can.

Cheers.

Thread closed.

Archived