Hero Arms self-winding M16 magazine

FUmiYAsu

This double mag from Hero Arms contains a rechargeable battery and motor which automatically winds the feed mechanism as you fire the gun. Here's the clever bit though; it only winds when it 'hears' the gun dry-fire! Clever electronics in this ultra-cool ammo loader detects the difference in sound between your gun firng BB's and running empty. No more desperate struggling to manually wind your magazine while under fire; super cool looks with the dummy 5.56mm rounds and the authentic cinch straps and the warm comfortable glow from knowing that you have 850 rounds instead of 300...

Have anyone tried it yet? It sounds like it's really good...

Can't wait to fire full auto on a SP m16 with it...

the price tag is abit <_< thou

Maybe it would be good for an upgraded support weapon M16/15/ARwhatever but for the price its very impractical. Still has cool dummy rounds and is totally brainless tho, probably good for guys like me then :D

Mind you the M249 takes M16 mags doesn't it? less bulky than a box mag and still over 800 rds constant fire......

I suspect you'd run into feed problems if you tried to mount that in an M249 as it would be sticking out at about 90 degrees.

Why did they make it so that it's based on the sound of dry firing? I'd rather not repeatedly dry fire my gun whilst waiting for the mag to wind up.

Surely they could have used some other method to detect the number of BBs in the feed tube, or the amount of tension left in the winding mechanism?

I agree tht it's pointless but with guns like a SP M16 with recoil, doing continous full auto for 800 rounds without winding is FUN :P ...no matter whether you are just plinking or in a game...

Bursar:

I've never owned an M16 type gun or an M249, but if there's constant pressure on the ammo being loaded surely there shouldn't be feed problems? I'm not saying your wrong just that I can fire all my AEGs at silly angles, I even always turn them upside down to empty the mag anyway! But I never use c-mags or box mags etc so I dont know the insides of them etc.

By the way did you choose your name for the same reasons I could have chosen Vetinari?

Archived