Stock KSC 18c and Abbey Ultra

Grumman

Hi all, I have just recieved my new KSC Glock 18c by courier today and I was wondering if it's safe to use with Abbey Ultra gas. I plan on using it this forthcoming weekend, December the 8th - 10th, as the temperature will be pretty low I thought it would be advisable to get a more powerful gun gas than 134. I have just briefly tested it in doors and I must say. The gun is terrifying! :P

Basically, would you advise me to buy a less powerful gas or is it ok if I stick with Abbey Ultra for the time being?

Thanks all, Grumman.

i have been running mine on Abbey Ultra for a while now.

every thing seems fine, just make sure you lube it well and check for signs of wear after use.

and on a side note,

when i first got it i ran it on 134a and it was hard hit the side of a barn with it on auto, but with the extra kick from the ultra its alomost impossiable to hit what im aiming at.

damn fun tho :D

Hi all, I have just recieved my new KSC Glock 18c by courier today and I was wondering if it's safe to use with Abbey Ultra gas.  I plan on using it this forthcoming weekend, December the 8th - 10th, as the temperature will be pretty low I thought it would be advisable to get a more powerful gun gas than 134.  I have just briefly tested it in doors and I must say.  The gun is terrifying!  :P

Basically, would you advise me to buy a less powerful gas or is it ok if I stick with Abbey Ultra for the time being?

Thanks all, Grumman.

Don't take this the wrong way but is this your first GBB?

If it is then you won't have anything for comparison. Fire a TM Desert Eagle on green gas and that IS terrifying! ;)

I ran my KSC G18 on green for a year with a plastic slide before finally fitting a metal one. You certainly don't need to restrict the gun to 134a unless it's VERY hot weather.

Stealthbomber, yes it is my first GBB. That's most probably why I am so bowled over by the 'kick'. Full auto is the bees knees I have found and this thing goes like the clappers!

Guardsman, is silicone spray ok or should I buy some stuff you have to rub onto the gun?

Thanks again all.

Stealthbomber, yes it is my first GBB.  That's most probably why I am so bowled over by the 'kick'.  Full auto is the bees knees I have found and this thing goes like the clappers!

Guardsman, is silicone spray ok or should I buy some stuff you have to rub onto the gun?

Thanks again all.

Get some abbey silicone spray, and spray the mag seal bit, the piston in the gun and under it when its pulled back, and then by the hop rubbles, clean the excess off.

Thats all i do mate

Well quite conveniently I work for a scientific r+d centre, into guess what....rubber!

I went looking through the store cupboards and found jars and jars and jars of silicone oil, in varying viscosities.

Hopefully I'll pick the right one for my gun....:)

Archived