Classic Army SAR Taktik Rifle II

Handsome Pete

Rob15 said that it comes with standard 6mm bushings. The two I worked on had 7mm bushings. Either something is up and there are two version of this gun out or something else. I don't know what is up here.

Something that I have noticed working on the CA G3 variants is that the hop up is not the best ever. Some say theirs is great, but my experience with the ones I've worked on suggests that the hop up rubber and/or the rubber bucking are not great. Get a good quality one and install it and this goes away. Others say that replacing the entire hop up is required to fix this, but that is not my experience.

Besides that something else to consider is the weapon's weight. The thing is quite heavy. Some like that. Others do. The real steel weighs about 9.5lbs (4920g) and the airsoft is about 7lbs (3515g). There isn't a large difference and that means it is a little hefty. If you like the weight then this is fantastic. It is pretty sturdy.

I have one and I love it. I upgraded all the internals and push it with a 9.6v battery. I also put an HK outer barrel on the end which adds another 6 or 7 inches to it. It is truely a beast. I bought a scope for it but rarely use it because the iron sights are just perfect and the gun itself is so dead on. The only thing I'm debating is whether to buy a RIS kit or not.

*OFFTOPIC*

Anyone know what precision barrel i can put into the SAR taktik II ?

CA's website says it has an innerbarrel of 495 mm 6.08 dm..

If i check the prometheus barrels, they have a max of 469 mm.... any idea what other type of barrel i can put into it? (pref. 495 mm..)

I now have a 6.04 dia. 534mm tightbore in mine and I still have room to go up to a 590mm but it's not really worth it.

Archived