Classic Army SAR Taktik Rifle II

Handsome Pete

For ages ive wanted an SG1 but hated the idea of a plastic TM one and the thought of spending a ton upgrading didnt interest me. So now the classic army one has come out, im thinking sell my M14 and get this one. However, i haven't seen much infomation in terms of reviews etc from people. Just wondered what:

fps was like, build quality, accuracy etc.

The team has numerous CA amralites and we've been very happy with them.

Any info would be much appreciated. :)

Next time, provide links to prove other topics exist ;)

@ Handsome Pete

I know Rob15 has one, it may be worth you asking your questions in the G3 pictures thread as there are some knowledgeable people reading that thread regularly :)

I only know that as I've been asking questions in the same thread, looking into getting one myself :P

:geek:

A good friend of mine has one and he's really happy with it.

I've skirmed last weekend with it and can tell you that i will be most likely selling my soc 16 as well for this one or a ca33.

Think i will go for the ca33 though.. but that's just so we don't have 2 of the same guns :P

Prepare for a very long gun btw ;)

Overall.. it's very nice!

hey cheers guys. Thats what I wanted, some useful info instead of a one worded reply which helped me in no way. Yer...i think ill ask around in the G3 thread too. Sounds awesome. I'm aware of its length (my bro had a tm one some years back) and he kept knocking it into trees etc. lol. Fell in love with the ever since i saw Val Kilmer's 'Chris Shiherlis' shootout in Heat.

I also wonder if the Star 20 rounder's fit/feed well in these?

once again, cheers guys.

I also wonder if the Star 20 rounder's fit/feed well in these?

They should do, though concensus is that either TM or CA mags can be a l'il tight or a l'il loose in both guns, not very helpful I know :P

Oh, IIRC, the Taktik uses a 7mm bearing gearbox, thus a very good ROF, so you may want to use a 7.2v battery if you intend to use 20 rounders, they'll be empty *very* quickly :lol: Unless you're one of "those people" who uses something called "semi" :P

Oh, IIRC, the Taktik uses a 7mm bearing gearbox, thus a very good ROF, so you may want to use a 7.2v battery if you intend to use 20 rounders, they'll be empty *very* quickly :lol: Unless you're one of "those people" who uses something called "semi" :P

Wrong, it uses standard 6mm bushings :P

i have a SAR Taktik II and i want to dremel out the inside of the stock so a 9.6v battery can fit but i have a dremel but the rod (sry for not knowing the technical term) is too short so I can't even come close to dremeling out the whole inside of the stock

so my question is that can anyone give me a link to a site (or tell me the name) that sells dremel accesories that are long enough to effectively dremel out the stock.

also if anyone has dremeled an SG1, Taktik, mp5, etc. any stock so that it can fit a 9.6v battery can you tell me the accesories or attachments that you used to do it.

thanks

-Rolo-

• 2 weeks later...

*OFFTOPIC*

Anyone know what precision barrel i can put into the SAR taktik II ?

CA's website says it has an innerbarrel of 495 mm 6.08 dm..

If i check the prometheus barrels, they have a max of 469 mm.... any idea what other type of barrel i can put into it? (pref. 495 mm..)

You can use any tightbore you like that is designed for AEG's AFAIK. So just choose one that is 6.04, 6.03 etc.. and find a manufacturer of the length you want. Id personally buy a 6.03mm one.

Back on topic?

Held one a couple of weeks back, it was extremely solid..maybe a little too solid? I prefered my TM (full metal, CA parts) one to the CA when holding them side by side..but then again my TM is an MSG90 not an SG1 :P

Used one yesterday, friend loaned it to me. The accuracy, power and intimidation factor [it's big!] really make the rifle awesome.

Hell, I'm only average height and I didn't bang it on any trees. It's alot heavier then a TM MP5, but it makes it up in performance. On the flip side the field I play in has a good amount of trails and open space, with some trees and dense brush.

It's two thumbs up. :)

One of the regular players has one, seems to like it. Very long, rather heavy. Does well in a woodland setting, but I've heard grumbling anytime he has to slew it around, which can happen often if you are trying to duck out from under cover to get a shot, even in a non-CQB setting.

His compression stock was a little lacking, but a new o-ring changed that quickly. Deffinetely a viable option if you want a SG1.

I'd love for CA to make a full metal G3A3--skinny grips are the coolest.

Steve

• 9 months later...

Ive used one before. It was stock, with a 9.6 large in the stock of the rifle. It had pretty good range and accuracy for a stock CA, although I could tell that it needs some compression upgrades. Along with that, a new motor and wiring could be beneficial to response time and improve efficieny. The body was nice but made of pot-metal, like usual Classic Army stuff. It was kind of on the light side compared to the RS one Ive held, which made it very manageable in the feild. The only parts about the gun that bothered me were the selector switch in that it was a little tight when trying to switch operations. Im not sure if that was specific to that gun or what as the SAR Ive held had an almost sexual selector click. Overall Id say its a great gun for the price if you replace a few small things. Both TM and CA mags fit fine and I really didnt notice a difference between the two.

Archived