Almost done, just a few more pieces...

101matt1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was also hinted to tuck my BDU's in, as it would look better. But on the tag it says "Do not tuck in BDU coat." Why is that?

It'll look ridiculously stupid if you tuck your BDU blouse into the BDU pants (I'm assuming standard US Woodland?). You're supposed to tuck in your brown or black t-shirt, that is worn underneath, into the pants with the blouse worn kind of like a jacket. A good pistol belt can be worn around the outside of it with no problems if you size it right.

I bought a holster and belt from ehobby:

(take off the dash at each end, copy, paste)

-http://cgi.ebay.com/U-S-Military-Army-BDU-Nylon-Duty-Belt-BL-53-BLACK_W0QQitemZ270081467750QQihZ017QQcategoryZ104026QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem-

-http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPONENT-Molle-Dropleg-Pistol-Holster-RH-HS-15-BK_W0QQitemZ270081281605QQihZ017QQcategoryZ73975QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem-

Can anyone tell me any more about these? The holster looks pretty good, and is just a MOLLE platform with the pouches included. Can anyone tell me the brands of these?

Thanks. :)

The Belts a belt. The Holster however doesn't use MOLLE standard webbing on the back side. Instead its webbing thats ALICE size. My friend bought one when we put in a big order a few months ago. Had to cut the 2 inch strap in half to make it fit on his PC. If you leave it on the platform it should be alright.

The Belts a belt. The Holster however doesn't use MOLLE standard webbing on the back side. Instead its webbing thats ALICE size. My friend bought one when we put in a big order a few months ago. Had to cut the 2 inch strap in half to make it fit on his PC. If you leave it on the platform it should be alright.

Thanks for the info. Any idea on brands/random brands?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm poorieuser's friend with the MOLLE holster.  I don't know what pistol you have, but if it is a big frame pistol like my MK23 then you may have to cut out a little notch at the end of the holster because my front site would go through.  I'll can take pics if you need them.

I've got a Smython, so I might not have to. If I do I'll let you know.

Question: does anyone really use elbow pads that much, or would it be good to have them to complete the look?

Well, the main thing is are they comfortable? (alta elbow pads) It would seem like in CQB/MOUT you would bump your elbows on stuff a lot more than woodland, plus they add to the look and complete my loadout to match the picture I chose to imitate. I guess I kind of decided for myself, then. But still, are they comfortable?

It'll look ridiculously stupid if you tuck your BDU blouse into the BDU pants (I'm assuming standard US Woodland?). You're supposed to tuck in your brown or black t-shirt, that is worn underneath,

It most certainly will not, especially since he appears to be going for a SWAT loadout.

On the belt issue, if you are going for a swat loadout there are two belts. One is you basic, every day, run of the mill belt to keep your pants up. The second is your duty belt which is attached to the first belt via belt keepers. This holds your holster, mag pouches, cuff pouches,etc.... This is in NO way attached to the vest. I have NEVER seen a holster on a belt on a vest, mostly because most real deal vests do not have belts.

For CQB/MOUT I would highly recommend whatever kind of knobbly-body-part protecters you can get. Helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, &c.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I think I'll skip out on the helmet though. (at least until I have enough money for a good one!)

It most certainly will not, especially since he appears to be going for a SWAT loadout.

On the belt issue, if you are going for a swat loadout there are two belts. One is you basic, every day, run of the mill belt to keep your pants up. The second is your duty belt which is attached to the first belt via belt keepers. This holds your holster, mag pouches, cuff pouches,etc.... This is in NO way attached to the vest. I have NEVER seen a holster on a belt on a vest, mostly because most real deal vests do not have belts.

Rainbow loadout.

I will see which looks better tucked/untucked.

Belt goes on BDU's.

Thanks.

EDIT: Probably won't get a helmet at all, because:

1) The picture doesn't use one

2) I don't like helmets

3) A helmet would get very hot

Archived