Europe to get it's PS3 on March 23rd

Connery

Nah, not fanboy, just a bad argument.

Fanboy = bad argument. Duh. :P

[edit]:

And there's a big difference between "I like it because." and "This is always, always, always, always better, and because you chose this other thing you're this, this, and this."

I don't own any consoles, and I don't plan on purchasing any, so I can make a somewhat objective judgement of fanboys.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy fanboy alert.

Why are they always so damn hostile?

Can't they learn that other people's opinions about a video game thingy shouldn't rile them up so damn much?

Though it is surprising how you compared the price of a lone PS3,

No games, no spare controller.

Against -

A 360, with games, with spare controller and with the HD-DVD attachment.

Most people would consider that a plus.

I'm not a fanboy, its just annoying to see people bash products that they don't even own.

Also..... I was only talking about everything ending up to be costing around the same price when you work out the Xbox 360.

Not proving the fact that you aren't a fanboy, and you are setting off the ###### detector.

The Wii doesn't need DVD Playback. Honestly, at this time in our lives, everybody has like 4 DVD players. Not to mention DVD players cost what, $30 now?

You don't even know what 480i means, do you? And HD capabilities are achieved with a $15 cable.

No friends just randomly lend you a Wii.

What games have you played, idiot fanboy? None? Just Wii Sports? I'm sorry, but you are speaking retard right now.

And there is a difference between something you borrowed and something you own.

And I have friends with the PS3, the 360, and the Wii. So far, the PS3 is nothing but an overpriced 360 with blu-ray (same games, except for a couple lame ones and Resistance, which isn't better than Gears of War). All good games are either direct 360 ports or Resistance, which isn't that good, anyway. Resistance is basically every FPS you've ever played. Sure, it's kinda fun, but it is nothing new.

The Wii actually offers a different experience and brings something new to the table! All you can say is the graphics are lame. You can't say *beep* about the wiimote, since there is nothing wrong with it, in fact, it's the best thing since Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

yes...for about a week, my friend lent me his, and it was horrible. The 480i resolution was really, really bad. Not to mention that for $250, the Wii really should include a built in DVD player...

That doesn't really count as owning a console. Let's not forget, that if graphics are all you care about, then you're probably cutting yourself to the lack of Aerith in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children right about...

...wait for it...

Honestly, graphics are not the number one thing you should look for as a gamer. If it is, then you are not a tru-Now you're cutting yourself.-e gamer. Period. A true gamer does not care about graphics, he only cares if the game is fun or not. If you bought a PS3 because it has superior graphics to the consoles now, then you wasted a ton of money. You wanna know the latest, greatest console I bought?

A PSTwo. You wanna know why? My old one bit the dust. Why didn't I just wait and shell out the money for a PS3? My reasons are quite simple.

• 1) There are no games worth playing on it yet. Period. You simply cannot refute this comment. Resistance is just like every other shooter, so don't you dare try to pull that out as your trump card. For shooters, I'll stick to the 360 that's calling out to my wallet. At least I know that there are at least 10 games for that system I simply must buy.
  • 2) At a price tag of either 500USD or 600USD, that equals at least two of my paychecks. My new PSTwo cost me 130USD with tax, which is much more than I wanted to spend, but I needed it for Capcom vs. SNK 2, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza, Kaido: Touge no Densetsu, Guitar Hero 2, and Time Crisis 3. You wanna know why I was willing to shell out that amount instead of waiting for it to go down? Because there is a gigantic choice of actual games out for the PS2. If I were to list every game that I want to get, I'd take another hour and a half just typing out the list I have here at home. Will I ever own all the games? No, but it gives me something to shoot for, and actually makes me use my brain to figure out which ones I want more than the others.
  • 3) No, there will be no, "What happened to 3?" jokes. Your ignorance actually deserves a serious comment.
  • 4) The Wii is not, I repeat, not made to be the latest, greatest console. It is merely here to revolutionize the way people play games. Who do you think announced the motion sensing controllers first? Nintendo did. Who do you think Nintendo is gearing their console towards? Children. Why do you think they're gearing their console towards children? To get them active and off their asses while making a profit at the same time. If you simply must play your FPS games while sitting in your cozy seat all damn night pressing a few buttons instead of actually moving your arms around, then something is wrong with you. The Wii is being used as a sort of median to get kids to at least get a heartbeat that doesn't have anything to do with reaching over to the coffee table to take a sip of their Mountain Dew; it's being used to get kids to emulate tennis and baseball, and actually get interested in going outside to play sports.
Honestly, if you can't think things through, be quiet and go play in the corner with your 600USD paperweight while the big boys talk about grown up stuff.
And there is a difference between something you borrowed and something you own.

And I have friends with the PS3, the 360, and the Wii. So far, the PS3 is nothing but an overpriced 360 with blu-ray (same games, except for a couple lame ones and Resistance, which isn't better than Gears of War).

Hypocrisy City

"PS2 is good"

Agree :)

I was playing on my friend's PS3 yesterday and I have to say that it was nothing special. What is letting it down is the games. THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL FOR IT. See something like Gears of War for the Xbox 360. The use of cover in that is truly amazing. Resistance however, was just a generic shooter.

When my savings account closes at the end of the year, I will buy a PS3 if there are enough good games. If not, Nintendo will see my money instead.

Hypocrisy City

Agree :)

I know, I know. At least I had an open mind about it since I actually wanted a PS3 but went for the Wii instead.

PS3 fails right now. No good, original games for it until MGS4, which comes out at the end of the year. The Wii already has Zelda, so it already pwns hard.

Archived