what am bestest AK mag?

dismemberd

Well I'm assuming you were asking what the title is so...

Definately not G&G, the one that cam with my RK, although it looked nice, wobbled so much it wouldn't feed right, and eventually broke when I dropped the gun.

G&P midcaps are nice cuz the are metal, but they require slight maintenance to feed well.

right! my ###### computer decided to lag as i was posting so you guys got the thread but no post :angry:

just got my new ICS AK74m and need mags (mid caps and hi caps). what brand do i get? i like the metal of 47 type mags, and they dont look bad in a 74 but from what i hear pretty much no pouch will take them (i use flecktarn and im thinking about getting some cadpat too)

which mags are most practical size wise, most reliable, best quality etc etc

thanks

G&P midcaps are nice cuz the are metal, but they require slight maintenance to feed well.

Seconded, I love mine. And they fit the ICS ak perfectly, in fact they fit even tighter than the ICS mags it comes with. :D

They aren't high-caps though, so if you are of a less 1337 disposition than me, you wont like them. ^.^

What maintenance do they need exactly dismemberd? I'd like to see if they can work even better.

My team uses mids, mostly. But Ive used ICS AK74 hicaps, and they are great.

G&P mids are really good, also. Its the standard mag we use.

So it kida goes like this around here.

Mid cap=G&P

Hicap=ICS

These are just from my experience. And Im not changing.

All of these mags fit into my BHI m4 style pouches.

I Like the G&P mags, however with the bakelite versions they break if they are dropped in the gun and i could never get them to feed reliably without maitenance.

You will never find a more reliable feeding ak mag than the TM standard.. mmmm tm standards make me happy.

my plauge.

get some russian tac gear and your totaly sorted.

personaly i use all of them, from

Star reals, gnp mids, tm lows and highs, CA highs, ICS74 highs

they are all much of a muchness

is it possible to get it in black. really i'd prefer matching camo pouches , but the ruskies dont use flecktarn :)

• 2 weeks later...

indeed.

to add my two cents into this.

I have a Star midcap that is sucking in my TM AK.

Any other mid-caps.. slightly lower-caps that work well in the TM AK body?

Oh yeah. have searched.. this was the closest thread that seemed relevant.

Personally I like the TM standard ones. 70 rnds its not really a mid cap but its not a lowcap either, but most of all its metal. I hate hi-caps for a number of reasons mostly because the rattle demolishes realism so i cant recommend any.

As for the star real caps i think there plastic, at 5 quid each i assume so.

And for those bright orange mags...(holds vomit)

Archived