Airstronics+FAMAS

dismemberd

Seein as the RS FAMAS has burst, and the fact that I am VERY interested in having a burst function, I would like to know If it is possible to put the burst unit on a FAMAS.

I'm not quite sure how it works though. (For clarification, I mean the TBK one...)

EDIT: I can get pics of the trigger/contacts if you guys want.

• 3 months later...

RS FAMAS? By RS do you mean Real Sword or Real Steel? And if you do mean Real Sword I am almost 100% sure it is the Chinese Type 97 Rifle not a Giat FAMAS. But also if you are saying the Real Steel FAMAS has 3 round burst... Yes I believe the G2 and newer versions do.

Heres a thought: Has anyone thought of putting a Marui Ver.8 gearbox in a FAMAS? The Ver.8 has 3 round burst. And it is a mechanical 3 round burst and not electronic like the Sig 55x series. I don't even know what the Ver.8 box looks like. So I don't know.

Yes, I meant the Real Steel.

I meant the kit that went on your trigger unit itself(Read The Second Paragraph), not the one that you just plug in. Actually, yesterday I opened up a V2 GB for the first time, and I never realized how similar the trigger units were(V1, and V2). I think it would work, but I have decided that if I'm going to get one, I'll probably just solder on some connectors, so that I can use it in different guns.

I don't think the V8 would fit in a FAMAS, because I believe the motor sticks out the bottom, also the selector plate is on the bottom of a V1, and the side of a V8. There's also plenty of other reasons.

In my experience the Airtronics units don't really work as intended when wiring as a trigger bypass.

First off, it takes some delicate soldering to set the unit up right - You need to cut a circuit path on the board and attach a signal wire.

After getting it set up, I discovered that it fires burst in semi & full auto.

I could've lived with this, if the disable switch was accessible without removing my MP5's stock.<--so I figured I could just extend the switches wiring.................WRONG! The added capacitance of the extended wire goobered up the timing function - It would turn 1&1/12 cycles, stop, then require another trigger pull.

So in the end, I permanently deactivated the unit, leaving me with a mosfet system, that I could have built for ~$10 :(

Airtronics DID refund me $40 of my $50 purchase price, so I'm not too upset about it.

Also, my second unit, I wired up with battery connectors, seems to work as designed.

Some 6-7 years ago I put the SIG burst circuit into the FAMAS of a friend of mine. It worked, so I don't see why it wouldn't work with the Airtronics as well. The battery compartment is generous in space.

-Sale

I don't think the V8 would fit in a FAMAS, because I believe the motor sticks out the bottom, also the selector plate is on the bottom of a V1, and the side of a V8. There's also plenty of other reasons.

Yeah I don't know the layout of the Ver.8 gb. I'm sure it could be done with enough expertise and time. But I don't know who could or would want to.

BTW does anyone know where I could find a graphic representation of all the gearbox designs? I know ver.1-3, 6 but the rest are a mystery to me. Thanks

Archived