Sig 550

Itsari

um hey, thought i'd post my first post in the nub section ^_^

so here it goes!

Im going for my first airsoft game in a couple of weeks just to see if i like it (prob will cause i liked paintball 'cept for the price)

so if i do i'd like to by my own rifle to cut down on the price (makes sense right)...started browsing various sites and such and quite like the look of the TM sig 550 but havent been able to find many reviews about it, and what little i have seems to suggest its a dodgy buy? can anyone help...

(sorry for this being so long winded) :Zzz:

I doubt any one still sells the 550. I would not buy a 550. They are not the best of AEG's. I would go for something else.

The 552 is good. Did you mean the 552? They are good.

If your looking for beginner gun, go with something newer. I would say anything but an old 550.

Whats your price range?

Yes, general wisdom says the 550 isn't great, but then I've never owned one.

I have used a 552, which is one of TM's latest releases, for a short time, and it was excellent, if a little plasticy.

Still, I'd recommend the 552 as a first gun :)

Just two slightly 'bad' points about the SG1, firstly is that a team mates SG1's flash hider fell off, and it seems from pictures I have seen that this has happened a few times, and also according to my team mate the bi pod isn't the best thing in the world and is a tad un stable when folded up. But otherwise its a dam good gun, so just watch out for those two small things and you should do fine, of course if the flash hider thing seems to be luck that I have managed to stumble across pictures with them missing then by all means someone in the know more than myself please feel free to correct me.

Adam

TADAAAA the man himself lol

just about impossible to get although i did find one for sale in a gun shop in Boulogne, France on a school trip last year lol! :P

1. if you ever did find this thing you need strong arms!! mine now weighs in at 5kg!!

2. stock is the worst ever devised

3. batteries are a problem as it only takes sticks

4. i admire your taste!!

you just can't get these anymore, if you do though the only place i can find with cheek pieces in stock is www.wgcshop.com

sorry man just came to this sport two years late!

you might find a SG551 SWAT which is a nice gun around they are slightly more common as people didn't like the SG550s length

however i would compromise with a SG552 - they have solved a lot of problems with that gun - i don't like its size but it's a gd gun!

NO BURST ON IT THOUGH!! :angry: my burst is still going!!

unlucky; i'll have a browse around and see if i can find one but the prob. answer will be nope! sorry

in the mean time drool over this! :P

IMG_0876.jpg

Just two slightly 'bad' points about the SG1, firstly is that a team mates SG1's flash hider fell off, and it seems from pictures I have seen that this has happened a few times, and also according to my team mate the bi pod isn't the best thing in the world and is a tad un stable when folded up. But otherwise its a dam good gun, so just watch out for those two small things and you should do fine, of course if the flash hider thing seems to be luck that I have managed to stumble across pictures with them missing then by all means someone in the know more than myself please feel free to correct me.

Adam

yeah the G3 flash hiders do fall off alot! my friends fell off in the woods twice.

its because they aren't threaded they just pop on.

Archived