BE-X releases Auscam Series

Grimm

Hi there,

I had it announced before, now, with some delay, we released the basic kit of our new auscam line:

bex-auscam-anzug-details4.jpg

bex-auscam-anzug-details6.jpg

bex-smock-auscam-details1.jpg

bex-auscam-camotest-details6.jpg

Currently Suits and Smocks are available in M/L/XL, other sizes will follow! Also our cold weather fleece jacket will follow in Auscam.

it looks orange-er than my Auscam.

That could be the image though.. :)

do you do the aussie-style pant bits.. with the button attached webbing loops and multi-sized 'size tabbing's?

I don't like that much velcro.. that seems to be a lot.

the smock have zippers under the arms.. ? :D

well i for one, can testify about begadi.

done some runs with them, from their home-brand begadi mags ( the M4 lowcaps ) and they rock.

service - rocks

prices - rocks

speed - even better then the above

I for one, will be using Begadi stuff for a long time and so far everything i had done with them ( or everybody i know of ) has been great, so thumbs up for begadi ! :D

i spose it helps for me to be an awful lot closer to where it comes from. :)

Either way.. Begadi.. nice for you to do some auscammy stuff for the northern hemisphere..

now.. do you do Eucalyptus for there too? :D

Morning all,

I can also give this kit the seal of approval ;) I have the cold weather fleece and a smock on the way.

Like James mentioned its a bit darker than issue kit but nothing a few washes wont sort out.

Keep up the good work guys.

Cheers

TC

Why's that?

Because cotton feels better, looks better, generates a better micro climate and is more resistant to enviromental threads like heat/cold. If I had the oppurtunity, I evenen would make the fatiques from pure linen, but no one would be willing to pay that!

Because cotton feels better, looks better, generates a better micro climate and is more resistant to enviromental threads like heat/cold.

My experience tells me the opposite. The 100% cotton fatigues I have (and have used heavily in all kinds of foul weather) are clearly inferior to the 50/50 or 65/35 poly/cotton uniforms I also have.

The danish M84 50/50 uniform I used in the army (and still have) were superior to anything I have ever worn.

In my experience, the poly/cotton fabrics with high poly count dries much faster than the pure cotton fabrics.

Pure cotton may be nice for everyday wear, but for field applications, I would like at least 50% poly.

All that said, the fatigues do look nice. I'm liking the velcro pockets a lot - I never found the button-closing cargo pockets on normal combat fatigues very useful, they take too damn long to open and close. I may try out a pair sometime!

Well, I am using that stuff 18 years now, for around 6 years the issued german fatiques, and always the high-poly gear sucked. Beginning from beeing vulnerable to heat, bad climate, etc...

Cheap cotton sucks, sure, but we dont use cheap cotton... Its the same with cordura. Miltec/WebTex boast ther 1000D cordura. Nevertheless, an eagle pack made from 500D is far superior.

Sounds good! It does depend on the quality of the fabric, true enough.

I don't suppose there are any plans for some sort of russian camo? Nobody makes that. Though the rooikat and rooivalk patterns could pass for something eastern bloc-ish.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Well my prayers were sort of heard: BE-X "OpFor" camo (Rhodesian-like pattern).

I just received a pair of pants, a smock, and a boonie in this camo. As always with BE-X uniforms, the quality is excellent, and the fabric is the poly-cotton mix that I prefer. Since the last posts I've bought several of the 100% cotton ripstop items they also offer, and I can confirm they're also great materials.

The OpFor pants are a great fit, and the quick-adjustable waistband is brilliant.

The smock is very baggy, has tons of pockets and drawstring adjustment options, really good zipper, and just overall really well made and well designed.

The boonie is huuuge (more like the size of a cowboy hat, I did buy in size XXL because I previously bought a BE-X boonie in another pattern in size L, which was little to no bigger than a size M I also have), and well made.

I also recommend their lightweight gloves, available in black, OD (not really OD, but dark green), and tan (a very yellow tan). They're inexpensive, thin enough to allow good finger dexterity, yet thick enough to offer decent protection, especially the leather-covered fingertips to prevent shattered fingernails (tried that, no fun). I use them all the time.

Archived