Variable Velocity Device..

pow910166

Wish this could be instaled without opening the GB, but maybe thats too much to ask :lol:

Personally im a bit concerned about any damages the rod could make to plastic nozzles...unsure.gif but I have to admit that this method can be very useful and very abused as all the brilliant ideas, we should just focus in it instead of speaking about cheaters and how much we hate them

Is cheating so rampant in the UK where this would be that big an issue? It seems everyone that's posting the "cheating" issue are players based in the UK. Not sure about you but FPS cheating in the US is very well controlled.

Well as Gisburn said, its the FPS difference here. Soemone playing a 500fps AEG in the US isn't going to gain much out of a 550fps quick tune up, but going from 350 to 400 is a much bigger difference in effect.

Like I said before, to me this seems a genius idea, build a sterling gearbox running 360fps on the button, then tune it down to 350 or 328 for whatever site knowing it'll perform flawlessly at the velocity and that I won't get to a site and find its 1 or 2 fps over and not be able to use it.

It seems everyone that's posting the "cheating" issue are players based in the UK. Not sure about you but FPS cheating in the US is very well controlled.

1. You are on a UK based forum so as the majority it is more likely we will mention cheating here, purely because of that.

2. We have too many sites (1 is too many) that don't have chronos or set limits on guns that they stick to so it leads to too many players getting away with hot guns. I have attended GZ, Ultimate Airsoft, Bristol Indoor, The Hill, The Deserters and CSW and of those only 3 sites have chrono'ed me each and everytime without fail.

3. We have too many players, old and new, that assume that it all comes down to power and nothing else to win (Jeremy Clarkson Syndrome i call it) and they will always stick by that, ignoring the fact that a better hop, tighter barrel and improved fieldcraft will more often win the day.

As much as 90-95% of the peoplei have played with stick to the rules all the time, it is the 5-10% that run hot guns and don't take hits that annoys me the most.

'FireKnife'

I've said this before in other threads but quite a few of my local sites operate a 'random chrono policy' which when read between the lines means 'we can't be arsed chronoing but it's there if there's a complaint'. I don't give a sod about people having one of these regarding cheating, great idea for non-quick change users.

People will always find a way to cheat.

That said people are always quick to accuse people of cheating. I don't think I've ever been to a game where the 'entire other team' are not taking hits or using hot guns.

Airsofters on the whole seem to be far too quick to jump straight on the negatives of a product and shoot it into the ground.

How many of us own a car capable of doing over 70? Just cause you can etc...

However yeah, great idea! Keep up the good work.

As mentioned there are such better methods of quick-changing your velocity to bypass chronographs that this really won't be an issue. Also same goes for people who want CQB specific and outdoor specific builds.

I believe the best use for this product would be in those situations where the gun you use at your own normal games is a bit too hot for a field/OP you go to every once in awhile. For example, most of my team uses SP110 setups as it works great for outdoors, however its a bit too hot for our local CQB field and having the ability to do this would severely cut costs and labor to be able to play at the indoor field.

My main worry is how reliable this will be. It would really suck if it works its way loose and killed your fps or worse still worked itself to making your replica accidentally over-chrono.

As for the gas gun chrono checks, those are the hardest to do since you have to have a basic understanding of how gas pressures in setups as found in airsoft work, which frankly, not every ref is familiar with. Still worse is mid-game your velocity can severely jump around with temperature differences or if you chronograph with a mag that isn't 'full'.

Personally gas guns freak me out a bit, especially here in the desert where the temperature changes can make the guns very harmful if one doesn't pay attention.

If I only had a couple guns and had different FPS restrictions for the fields I played at, I could see how this would be an effective addition to those guns. Right now, there are only 2 places with restricted velocities I need to worry about. One is 400 for outdoor, the other is 330 for indoor CQB. I have guns specifically set up for each scenario, but I am currious as to how this works.

At first thought, I am thinking it might be forcing an air leak in the nozzle assembly. I had a SCAR that was 15 FPS over limit on a new SP120 spring, so I fashioned a U shaped shim out of 3X5 index card and put it between the hearbox and the hop-up. This created a controlled air leak around the nozzle/hop-up juncture that dropped my FPS by about 60, allowing me to play with the gun until the spring wore in. If my index card shim can drop the FPS by 60, a finely threaded nozzle adjustment could do the same

along the lines of this topic the new warrior rifle that action hobbies are selling has a removable velocity reducer fitted .

they have threaded the nozzle to allow you to insert a threaded grubscrew with a smaller air hole to reduce fps .

the only concern with doing this on an aeg is if you reduce the hole size you slow the piston speed and on a high speed box you will probably write off the piston

Archived