Mysterious AEG spotted on thefirearmblog.com

Mike_West

Well, what you're seeing above is just an early 3D-printed mockup, the real MSBS-556 bullpup won't be out before 2017, if I'm to believe a local journalist writing for one of the big firearm mags. First, there'll be the standard version out in 2014-2015, and then they'll start working on variants.

Also, I'm torn between UAR and UPR. I mean, I already have a bullpup long-range rifle, but it's no good when temperature drops below 10 C (maybe I should get a CO2 mag for it?), but I'd like another one.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone that has one now, could you confirm what the hybrid part of the gearbox is? or is it just a standard v3?

Just a standard AK V3 gearbox It has 8mm bearing bushing, don't know any more. It does have a QD spring release, other than that nothing special, though the wiring is very well done.

The finish of the gearbox looks a bit like a G&G.

i have one, can confirm the hybrid part is the quick spring change, the part above the nozzle has a screw to secure the hop chamber on as well. echoing neo venom's comments really but the actual hybrid part you wont have to worry if your gearbox breaks you wont have spare parts for, chances are APS will sell gearboxes seperate (which might be a bonus for AK/g36 users although the screw hole in the front may be an issue, but will TBC from other users)

and instead of 8mm, i thought they were 7mm. anyway, i will measure and tell you next time i'm opening the gearbox.

also, anybody being bugged by the selector being too clicky and a little stiff? i might see if i can weaken the spring somehow so the ball bearing is not too clicky and providing too much friction between positions.

but the spring change may be too convenient for the cheaters out there that want to sneak in a hot gun. would hate to see this gun being on a insta-ban list on game sites, i actually think this is pretty well made, it may not be the best polymer you can get but with the price tag, it's pretty good, smooth gearbox, my only gripes are the bolt cover part comes off easy and i might have to resort to weak adhesive double sided tape to make sure it's staying there but i can still take it off.. and also the fire selectors are a little far out when it's in semi mode. but i wont go as far as the ehobby video saying it cannot be done single handed... i'm just another asian guy, not going to have larger hands and it's not like i have a freakishly large thumb, i just twist my firing grip round a little and i can access it and manipulate it.

fair enough...

as for the people having feeding issues on non-APS mags with the UAR, any luck?

by the way, dont bother with the mag ejecting springy knob pushy thing. i introduced the knife to that part, did no difference in the feeding issue. now in hind sight, they put that there because the short hicap mags were so light it needed a shove to kick it out smoother.

i noticed my MAG mags and also Pmags needed a push to the front to feed, both midcaps. i might pad the rear of the magwell to get it to seat better, but the space is already a little tight. will have to try and find out :)

I gave it some tape on the inside. now my 120rnds Emags feed flawlessly.

My small Pmags do not unfortunately. Also after the taping the stock hicaps do no longer fit the magwell.

But I do not use hicaps anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to update you guys a little.

Been talking to some of the fellas over at APS and this is a selection of what was replied to me after my enquiries about the feeding issues... also managed to get a more accurate than 'some time in the future' date to announced items...

Thanks for your help! On that moment, The Tokyo Marui, G&P, PTS & Pro Arms hi-cap magazine can fit our UAR. The spec. will come up to chane a little for mid-cap later. I'll let you know asap. On the other hand, the ACP601 will launch arround mid March. 

So unless my interpretations are wrong, they will come up with some sort of a change, maybe a mod? a replacement part? to make midcaps work properly on the UAR?

also the 601, iirc the ridiculously long barreled version will be available in the coming weeks... if not by the end of this month if that message is somewhat accurate to their production schedule.

Archived