Koba Tactical Chassis

aerodrew

Very cool. It certainly gives a Hi-Capa a unique look when coupled with TK grips and an older style slide.

Only problem is that it makes a really unrealistic gun.

I bet a Kimber slide would look nice with this chassis and grip.

Only problem is that it makes a really unrealistic gun.

I think it is pretty similar to my own RS Springfield Gun.

100% Original, bought it brand new, never customised in any way.

I am really gonna get this one from Tanyo Koba, it is a must since I have the real steel counterpart.

Here is a photo of mine, not identical, but very close :-)

Springfield1911.jpg

And the Tanio for quick comparison.

tsk_top.jpg

It is quite a bit different from your SA....

But it doesn't look horridly unrealistic or anything. Like the base hicapa, this isn't any one specific gun...but it could be. Looks nice to me...I love that rail style.

Just to note that AFAIK the Koba Springfield slide is ABS, so if you are looking for a metal setup you'll have to look elsewhere for the slide option. The chassis though I don't know what material is it, possibly zinc based pot-metal like their 1911 parts?

I think with this chassis plus SD's Springfield Custom slide + SD bushing kit you can get the most RS-looking Hi-Capa....at least on par with SD Kimber slide+Freedom Art TLE/RL frame...

I think it is pretty similar to my own RS Springfield Gun.

100% Original, bought it brand new, never customised in any way.

I am really gonna get this one from Tanyo Koba, it is a must since I have the real steel counterpart.

Here is a photo of mine, not identical, but very close :-)

*snip*

And the Tanio for quick comparison.

*snip*

What I was getting at was the fact that the TK Hi-Capa setup is for a double stack gun with a plastic grip frame while the Springfield pictured is a single stack gun with a metal frame and separate grips.

This setup will look similar but it is fundamentally different in actual construction (and feel).

Hope that that clarified it.

Pot-metal? Damn, couldn't they use better quality metals?

Well it's probably similar quality to Marui's stock mid-frame, which isn't bad and is weightier than the aftermarket stuff from FA or SD, which were CNC aluminum. The pot metal part is my guess though, it could be CNC, though like I said their previous parts made for 1911 were pot-metal or ABS...

What I was getting at was the fact that the TK Hi-Capa setup is for a double stack gun with a plastic grip frame while the Springfield pictured is a single stack gun with a metal frame and separate grips.

This setup will look similar but it is fundamentally different in actual construction (and feel).

Hope that that clarified it.

Agreed. If you can find a 2011 that looks like that, or even a 2011 with a grip that looks like the TK tactical grip itself without the whole chassis thing, I'll be impressed.

thats simply the case for pretty much any non-racegun built for TM Hi-Capa though. It is never meant I think to be a combat pistol kind of gun, unlike the Para Ordinance. So you are always gonna be stuck with a non-authentic looking 2011 based combat pistol.....

Archived