RA-Tech GBB AKS-74U now released at Evike

Bareknuckle

http://www.airsoftpost.com/order-eta111508...le-p-30182.html

Another interesting entry into the GBB market just arrived. Now AK fans can join in the new production GBB fun, as long as they're fans of the short AKSU.

It's basically a Kalash AKS-74U with RA-Tech's GBB internals. I wonder if it's based on the full steel model, or the older ones.

I hope they release models based on the rest of the Kalash AK series!

According to evike, magazines will be released later in November and they're working on a youtube video showing off the gun's performance.

That's a nice review! However, in the article, it sounded like he was reviewing a pre-production sample or something. He refers to telling one of the RA-Tech guys about the problems he had with his AK and how he modified it and seems to hint that his modification might come standard on future production models.

At least, I hope that's the case, because he seemed disappointed with his gun's original performance.

nah. it is the finished product he was reviewing. But he pointed out some issues that he is e-mailing Ra-tech about.

Ra-tech and us on GGI have a good dialog about products both for WA and this AK. Some of the products for the WA came because we at GGI really, really wanted it :D

While it might work in a VFC AKS-74U, I'm not sure if it would work in a full-sized AK-74. Don't AKSUs have shorter receivers or something? I would imagine that the gas internals would be shaped to accommodate the smaller receiver and thus wouldn't fit in a larger one.

I hope I'm wrong though, because that would be awesome!

While it might work in a VFC AKS-74U, I'm not sure if it would work in a full-sized AK-74. Don't AKSUs have shorter receivers or something? I would imagine that the gas internals would be shaped to accommodate the smaller receiver and thus wouldn't fit in a larger one.

I hope I'm wrong though, because that would be awesome!

The receiver is the same size - the front isn't.

Awesome! That means it should be in a drop-in fit!

Failing that, it should be possible to buy another Kalash AK (the AKS-74 can be had for around $115 on some US wholesale sites) and exchange front ends.

Either way, a full-size GBB AKS-74 is possible! With a bit more work, you could probably have an AK-74 or AK-74M too!

According to GHK and RA Tech, full sized AKs are in the works already. No info on an RPK but I'd imagine that they've probably considered the idea of an RPK already.

The GHK gas blowback AK isn't as bad as I made it sound. I guess I was just spoiled by my upgraded WA M4. ^_^

In stock form, the recoil is nice and comparable to a stock WA M4. The AK mag holds a large amount of gas and can finish off an entire magazine - even with long bursts! I don't have to tell you guys how satisfying it is to hear the sound of metal on metal every time you squeeze the trigger. Now the mag does have the cool down issue. But RA Tech already posted about that before I even decided to get one of these AKs. And while the mag does get cold, it is still capable of running through a couple mags (refilling the gas) before the cool down effect becomes a serious issue.

Quite cool indeed! I had been following the news on the GHK 74U for a while now but for some reason I never thought that since it was built on a Dboys frame that you could just drop the internals into any VFC/D-Boys style AK-74 for a full size rifle. That's a great idea!

I'm still saving my pennies for the WE M4, but I'll be interested to see what people can do with this 74U. My only disappointment with the 74U is that there is no mechanism to stop the gun from firing when the mag runs dry. Other than that it looks just peachy ^_^

My only disappointment with the 74U is that there is no mechanism to stop the gun from firing when the mag runs dry. Other than that it looks just peachy ^_^

:D

As per real steel AKs, from AK47 to the AKM, to the present AK100 series, bolt do not locked back on last round, it was not designed to have a bolt catch, not in the AR's sense. Hence RA-Tech's AK74SU merely replicate how it is accurately.

Cheers.

now this is tempting. IIRC werent there talks of regulated CO2 caplet fed mags a while back? that'd be cool as long as they fire under 350fps. oh and whats the mag capacity like?

its sounding really quite temping to get one of these, rip the guts out, sell the base gun with a gearbox and chuck the GBB internals into my bolt-less VFC AKSU (or my AKS74 for woodland if it's a warm day :D)

the RS size grip looks great too.

:D

As per real steel AKs, from AK47 to the AKM, to the present AK100 series, bolt do not locked back on last round, it was not designed to have a bolt catch, not in the AR's sense. Hence RA-Tech's AK74SU merely replicate how it is accurately.

Cheers.

That's correct, but if there is no round inside the RS it also won't fire. ^^ ;)

Not like the RA-Tech with still gas in the mag.

I'm just wondering how the totally correct action could be realized at an Airsoft Version.

Probably only if the valve will be locked when the last round left the mag.

The mags hold 50 rounds and you can empty an entire mag with green gas. As with all gas guns it suffers from cool down so firing in bursts is recommended.

Yes there was some mention of CO2 mags. You'd have to ask RA Tech for more info since I haven't heard anything since then.

damn this is sounding tempting. i usually only do bursts of about 5-6 rounds anyway (mid/lowcap user :)). how are the mag internals fitted? is there any chance of transplanting them into a RS mag shell? oh and how many rounds will a fully gassed mag fire before running out? (larger capacity 45 rounder style mags would be brilliant :))

with the price of these mags being only $45 a piece and the price of the gun less then my realsword i couldnt help but put an order in with some extra mags.

...i knew some one wanted to make a non armalite gbb for me one day, i just knew it :D

If GBBNut doesnt does not toss up an actual review on arnies i will be sure to place my own in as soon as it arrives in the mail.

Archived