North Atlantic Airsoft Expo - Report

aznriptide859

Well I'm absolutely exhaustedfrom helping volunteer/host this event, but I 'm glad to say that the 1st Annual North Atlantic Airsoft Expo was, in my opinion, a huge success. Though we had only several exhibitors come and show off their products/services, we had a huge interest in turnout, and everyone had a great time. We hope that this event will definitely be better in the future, and that more people will get the chance to come over and share the experience and fun (or, for some, a way of life) we know as airsoft.

My team, Task Force 16 of the North Carolina Airsoft Organization, hosted this event. Our commander put a lot of work and his own money into making the event such a success, and I think that with future events and press coverage we can make the NAAE the forefront for airsoft interests here in the US.

We had a decent number of exhibitors come to the event; though there could have been more, there was definitely a wide variety of companies and retailers that came to show off their stuff. Some of the more notable ones included Pantac USA, Systema/ZShot, ARES USA (same booth as Systema lol, some of you Shot Show guys may know the rep covers both companies), ESS, and Ultraforce (from HK). We had a few NCAO local teams present, as well as some local retailers (Big Boy Toys). There were lots of giveaways, a costume contest, a shooting gallery (to get people to know what firing airsoft guns is like, plus playing with some of the exhibitors' guns :P) and even a pretty decent woodland/CQB game today (which is partially why I'm so tired XD). The Systema/ARES rep was nice enough to give seminars discussing team tactics, gearbox work, and even high end modifications.

As for news, nothing new if you guys followed Shot Show, but I'm just listing what I've heard/talked about.

Systema: Energy/Revolution advertised as usual. Fired a PTS MOE AEG with a Revolution installed - as decent a performance as a full blown PTW. Systema is also coming out with PMAG's for their PTW series. Also (rumor mill) is Systema is starting very prelim talks regarding a PTW ACR. Rep was nice enough to allow attendees to fire off MP5 and M4 PTW's. Also tested (on me) were the new Tornado Impact grenades - VERY fun to use/get hit by XD.

ARES: The usual new stuff displayed - PPSH41, M200, and Stoner LMG. All were VERY nice looking guns - PPSH looks very promising, Stoner LMG is VERY light yet well suited for a SAW/SSW role, and M200 is, well, an M200...provided it's heavier than a car.

Onpoint Airsoft (from Georgia): came with Operation Homefront helping support troops and their families. Displayed a number of ARES/SRC AEG's.

Ultraforce: Relatively new name in airsoft in HK (at least for me). Came with a BUNCH of stuff - paintball M4's, gas-operated powder/water landmines, paintball/BB-cap 40mm grenades, and, the most interesting, a "remake" of the 40mm Elfin Knights pistol (MSRP ~$150 IIRC).

Duostock: Came with, well, duostocks lol. Were nice enough to give out a few.

Pantac: Tons of gear to show off, very high quality. Too bad they weren't selling stuff at the booth - I think it would have been empty by the end of Saturday :P.

Big Boy Toys: Only retailer from the US that showed up (Airsoft Carolina was supposed to be here, but they bugged out last minute). Showed off their stuff, I think made a quite good number of sales.

Blackstone Airsoft/Xtreme Kombat: Local fields that came and exhibited their stuff.

Here are some notable pics.

IMG_4401.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

Our "tank":

IMG_4384.jpg

Pantac's Booth:

IMG_4391.jpg

Systema/ARES:

IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

Shooting range:

IMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4404.jpg

XK's snake (yes, they brought a SNAKE to their booth. Their logo is a snake...or something):

IMG_4411.jpg

Seminars (mainly gearbox tech):

IMG_4412.jpg

IMG_4414.jpg

Costume contest:

IMG_4420.jpg

(+ 'XK ' girls):

IMG_4431.jpg

Some humor:

Playing Modern Warfare 2 how it's SUPPOSED to be played:

IMG_4415.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

Messing around with Systema/ARES' stuff:

IMG_4487.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

The rest of the pics can be found here: http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/aznrip...%20Expo%202010/ (guess password is password)

All in all everyone had an amazing time - I hope everyone who's here on Arnie's that went enjoyed themselves, and that the NAA Expo becomes the definitive event in the US for airsofters. Hope to see you next year! :P

any chance ares displayed the wa2000? Or made mention of when it was releasing the new guns? And awesome pics!! Thanks man!

Nice photos. I agree with SilentTank. I would also have liked to know about the Ares WA2000. I have 600.00 (yes...shipping is 100.00) tied up in preorder for 4 months, with not a peep from the manufacturer. :(

The show season in the US starts with SHOT, then takes off and runs from there. The fact that it is right before IWA might hurt a little. For the real steel/law enforcement product vendors it falls right into a great place, after this week end the shows really pick up and you have to pick and chose were to go. If I had to chose though, I would do this show over most any other, even though the attendance was not has high as they would have liked, people were spending money. I saw a couple of tax refund check spent there.

some more pic's here

http://noairsoftforoldmen.blogspot.com/

I was, um, let down. A few of my team drove over 600 miles each way; for 6 or 7 vendors, and only one booth selling stuff. After the short amusement from that, we got to enjoy a town filled with pretty much only furniture stores.

Looking forward to the next one; though. If more than 7 vendors show...

I know everyone that was involved in the Expo was sorry about the low vendor turnout. There is a reason behind it. A couple of people in the past have stated that they were going to have a huge airsoft expo, took vendors and advertisers money for booths and such and then were gone like a puff of smoke with no refunds. This happens in the LE and military tradeshow market also. Once bitten, twice shy.

We all really appreciate all who made the trip down, if you came from 600 miles away or just across town, thank you.

We did have some great seminars and a huge amount of give-aways. The Strafer demo and shooting the ARES and Systema guns was a big hit. Next year look for a lot more vendors and we are working on a shoot house and a IDPA/IPSC type competition.

All who attended can now say they are "plank owners" of the NAAE and be able to tell the story in a few years when there are a 100 vendors that they were there at the start.

If I remember right, the 1st SHOT show was less than 100 vendors, look at it now!

We will never get that huge, but you have to crawl, before you can walk. Too long and Halo did a great job for a 1st show, it will only get better.

And to clarify, I am TC on the NC forums, was the ESS rep at the show, consult for x-caliber tactical in TX and was listed as the marketing director for the expo on the website, so I do have a vested interest in it being a success. But those who know me, know I don't BS about business, just about females and how far my guns shoot.

The difference between Paul and I are, one is a pain in the butt old man who is too fat and ugly and Paul is not.

Archived