A mod once said that Arnies is an open forum

As I recall, one of the mods once cited Arnies being a forum open to non-members for viewing as a reason to use proper English.

Well, since IE is ###### out on me, I decided to use Firefox (which I wasn't logged in on). Now, let me say that I thought there was something fishy about that before this incident, but now it's cemented: Arnie's is not a forum open to viewing by non-members.

Someone might want to see to that. Or, at the very least, erase that from the reasons to use gud inglysh.

• 4 weeks later...
Someone might want to see to that. Or, at the very least, erase that from the reasons to use gud inglysh.

I thought the main reason to use good english was to make yourself understood and avoid appearing foolish.

I do both of those things for my own benefit. Not for anybody elses.

Yeah because only a fool would forget to capitalise the first letter of his home country :P

:D

I deliberately left the "E" uncapitalised in the word "english" because the word is generic, with reference to the written language, rather than nationalistic.

I dunno if this is the proper way to do it but it seems sensible to be.

Besides that, as is often said, I don't think anybody's going to persecute a user for the odd spelling or grammatical error but that's hardly the same as posting in txtspk.

Thanks for caring though. :mellow:

Firefox will yell at me if I don't capitalize the 'E' in 'English'. Then again, it also yells at me if I spell capitalize 'capitalise'.

But for what it's worth, guest viewing has been disabled for quite some time. I think Will disabled it when he was still a co-admin.