Why skeletoned hammer and trigger?

FUmiYAsu

Just started liking 1911s but noticed that a lot of them have skeleton trigger and hammer...What do they do? Does the physically lighter trigger give lighter pull?Does the light hammer hit faster?

Also...does anyone know whether the WA metal chambers fit in the KJW Para??

The skeleton hammer is used as a cost-saving measure on the real steel, and they reduce weight somewhat..

I'm not too sure about the trigger though, I've seen them before on match grade pistols, so I'm reasoning that it's to lighten the trigger itself to get as light of a trigger pull as possible. Match grade pistols and rifles tend to have really light trigger pulls to begin with

it doesn't have any effect whatsoever on the the trigger spring, it reduces the physical weight of the trigger itself, thereby reducing trigger pull, if only by a small amount. But when it comes to competition shooting, which is where you see this type of trigger most often used, you take every single small advantage that you can get ;)

The skeleton hammer isn't decorative, it's there because it's cheap and it reduces weight

The KJW Para and M1911 metal versions have plastic chambers don't they? Also, which companies, if any, sell the KJW M1911 with a metal barrel?

Yes it comes with plastic chambers....and no company sells it with a metal chamber... but then getting a metal chamber and barrel for it costs around US 70 which compare to the price of the gun, US 103 seems a bit much.. the thing tht bothers me is tht there is no trades. Getting a nice steel chamber with words on it is a must for me for 1911s... Hopefully, I should be able to get them in Hong Kong in the summer and HK street prices are generally lower than website prices...

Archived