AGM MP40 full auto mod

Jaager

okay, i have almost no idea about internals, however im working to convert my AGM MP40 to full auto only, ive removed the seletor switch, however i cant remove the selector plate so ive wedged it in full auto, now it works ok, but it fires full auto as soon as i remove the safty, Please help!!

Any chance of posting pics, specifically of the selector mechanism (obviously)

If all else fails, I'm going to be back up in leicester on monday, so I can take a look at it if you can get it to me.

I removed every part that had something to do with the fire selector. Including the selector switch, the plate and the cut off lever. After that put black insulation tape to the back side of the body and added 2 component liquid epoxy. It filled the hole evenly. Actually looked better than the my earlier try with 2 component solid epoxy.

Has someone not tried this already? I know there was a hop 'fix' by someone by the name of Taffy who replaced the inner barrel with a TM one and butchered the existing hop unit to perform much better.

I personally haven't done this as the fix looks rather 'bodged', even if people seem to think it improves the gun no end.

I'm sure there was a lengthy discussion about using an AK hop but I don't know of anyone that has tried it.

Here is the guide, hosted by Digga - written by Taffy:

http://www.diggah.net/docs/Taffys_MP40_Hop_Fix.pdf

Yeah - seems like a sensible idea to be honest and would improve it no end without hacking away at the original hop unit. You'd just remove the inner barrel / hop and replace it with a TM barrel and AK hop. I'll give it a go when I can get a hold of one and just see what the crack is and see if it's doable. To be honest, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work - it's just getting it to fit which is half the battle.

If anyone else is attempting this as well, post up how you're finding it.

• 8 months later...

i ordered an agm mp40

from airsplat.com... but i got a TSD mp40... and the stupid barrel was bent to the right... i straightened it with a hammer but it doesnt really look likes its exactly straight. :( everytime i get an airsoft gun... either the sights are wobbily or the barrel is bent.,,, my life stinks :( why me? why do i always have to suffer.. why cant anyone else that orders airsoft guns suffer... always has to be me huh? i guess that.. God hates me...i loose all hope now..God never liked me... he always wanted me to die...you guys are lucky... god loves you but not me. WHY ME? NEVER GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO ME. WHY ME?

My AGM MP40 is one of my favorites... I personally made mine shoot around ~600 rpm. taktaktaktak...

Accuracy at long range isn't too great, thanks to the meh hop, but I use mine more for CQB anyway. For the full auto "mod", I personally just put a good enough sized spring between the selector and left side panel so that the selector won't have a chance to move, i.e. it'll just stay in the auto position all the time.

Archived