P99 Metal slide

CerberusCO

you shouldn't get a zeke metal slide anyway. i had one. it came scratched up, it had a redish tint to it rather than the blued steel look it should have had. but that worst part was that it did not fit on the p99. i did almost everything i could think of to get it to fit, but it just fit so badly that i gave up and returned it. i know of only a few people who have managed to get a metal slide on theirs, but they had a proffessional fit it, and even the pro said that it was a pain in the *albartroth*.

Dont think you will find a Zeke anyways. Im hoping with the popularity of the movie set that someone like Guarder will decide to make one that actually works. I would love a metal slide on mine too. My finish on the front of the slide was ruined after attempting to remove the orange. Id even take a replacement plastic slide at this point.

If that's your year of birth in ya username there I'll forgive you, but no, they would not be talking about fitting a metal slide to a $20 spring gun :rolleyes:

This would be the GBB version under discussion, although if anyone manages to fit a slide, dreadful or not, to the silenced NBB version that would be supremely badass :D although still kinda pointless, just the NBB is vastly superior to the GBB and a bit more weight would be nice to have.

I have a P99 with a Zeke slide and the slide SUCKS. It's poorly made and sticks and seems to be just generally bad quality. I am not impressed.

Rich::

I use to own a Maruzen P99 w/ Zeke slide/barrel (with trademarks) back in the late 90s.. funny thing. . mine worked like a charm and was very nicely detailed as all of the past Zeke products I've owned.

you sure it was poorly made or was it just poorly installed?

Anyone who says Zeke products are "poorly made and generally bad quality" have no idea what they're talking about. .

that's coming from having experience owning ZEKE:

1) Maruzen 1911 slide/frame/barrel,

2) Maruzen P99 slide/barrel, with and without trademarks

3) KSC Glock 17, 18C, 21, 22c, 26 slide/barrels

4) Marui UZI upper/lower receiver

5) Tanaka SIG P226 slide/barrel

6) Tanaka SIG P229 slide/barrel

7) Tanaka P8 slide/barrel

8) Tanaka USP slide/barrel

9) Tanaka M629 frame/barrel

10) Maruzen M1100 frame/trigger guard

11) Maruzen M870 frame/trigger guard

12) Marui M9 slide/frame/barrel

13) Marui Desert Eagle slide/frame/barrel

14) Maruzen PPK slide/barrel

15) KSC SIG PRO 2340 slide/barrel

16) KSC USP Compact slide/barrel

17) Maruzen M11 upper/lower receiver

and I'm sure I've forgotten some others I've owned in the past.

The only complaint I've ever had was with 1 Zeke M9 kit. . I cracked the slide heavily skirmished with on green gas. . the other 2 (3 total) Zeke M9s were fine.

Zeke offers really nice products that are really nice quality. . they also offer very high-end full metal kits not found in the US or HK. . only in Japan. . these are full CNC machined kits for the Tanaka Luger (gold versions), KSC M945 Compact (gold and silver versions), WA SCW V10 (gold version), Maruzen PPK (gold version) and many others.

In terms of overall quality(considering price, quality, level of details, drop-in fitting or amt of fitting required) for GBB parts. . I rate ZEKE in this order:

1) PGC

2) Shooters Design

3) Zeke

4) Mosquito Molds (yes, they made metal bodies for the Marui MP5k and MP5, but no GBB slides)

5) Prime (rated low because of the lack of Quality Assurance)

6) Sheriff ( rated low because many of their slides use crappy material, their steel parts are top quality. . overall overpriced)

7) Systema/Z-shot (yes, Systema made a couple metal slides in it's days, JAC Browning HP and Maruzen 1911A1)

8) Guarder

9) Creation

10) KJW/KWA

I use to own a Maruzen P99 w/ Zeke slide/barrel (with trademarks) back in the late 90s.. funny thing.  . mine worked like a charm and was very nicely detailed as all of the past Zeke products I've owned.

you sure it was poorly made or was it just poorly installed?

Made, I think - it was professionally installed. A whizz I know thinks it can be easily fixed by wearing the metal of the slide away somehow - I hope he's right because for all it's failings, it's still a damn nice pistol.

Rich::

Archived