Survival Horror part 2

Mikhailthejackal

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE RULES!!!

Yep v1.2 rules are now done, not much change really apart from the shotgun thing and the inclusion of grenades and stuff, these are the rules to be used at the event though some changes may have to be made if i got the rules wrong or something better pops into my warped mind, please tell me if the shotguns are now better, ta.

Rules

There are Three teams, the survivors, Umbrella Biohazard countermeasure service (U.B.C.S) and Umbrella Special forces (U.S.F).

Survivors (This is a catch all name for R.P.D or stars civillians etc.)

Brief:

You dont know where you are, other than it appears to be a prison cell, you have some other inmates which all tell you the same thing, they hate umbrella, some were survivors of the Racoon City incident which saw the attrocities that occured caused by Umbrella, others are protesters which got caught sneaking into labs, others are umbrella workers which tried to expose them to the press.

Its been a while since you came here and you have seen other inmates be taken, no doubt to be experimented on.

Late one night you hear the sounds of gunfire piercing the air and horrible moans, you look to see that your guards are still there, then the lights go dark and a power cut occures, this is the best time to try to escape...

Appearence: Survivors wear Full camo, civilian clothing, police loadout, stars loadout.

U.B.C.S Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure service

Brief:

Sirens blare in your ears telling you to get moving, you know that the facility was attacked, by whom you dont know and at this moment dont really care, all you know is that theres 1 helicopter at the landing pad and its got your name on it.

The landing pad has a restricted access to it even in emergences, you hear a voice call over the radio asking for help, a high level employee which has access to it, you find him and keep him alive and youll be able to get out in one peice, that means getting to him before the zombies do and their closing in on all sides!

Appearence: U.B.C.S Wear Camo/cream/white bottoms with Black or green tops.

U.S.F Umbrella Special forces

Brief:

The Facility was attacked, your team has been hastily brought in after the one stationed there was wiped out before it could complete its mission.

Your objectives are damage controll, its obvious that the attackers are after the research data on the B.O.W and the virus research, your first objective is to find the power generator and detroy it with the thermite Bomb you have with your team, after that access to any area will be no problem.

The Helicopter touches down and you begin mission...

Appearence: U.S.F wear....Black

Weapon rules, items and limits

Only low-capacity magazines may be used; however there is no limit to the amount of magazines that can be taken.

Players may carry and use any amount of the following; Gas/spring pistol (semi only), spring or gas shotguns. All weapons must be under 328fps!

Though you cannot use an AEG to begin with, bring it with you as you might be able to use it later on.

Each player will receive 30 rounds as well as another item when they book in

If in-game a weapon is found then you are responsible for its well-being, a simple you break it you bought it policy will be used on this, if you do pick one up then if you wish after the scenario ends you may switch it for one of your own, please come to me and hand it in.

If you find a box that is either red, blue or green, then these are ammo boxes with a varied amount of ammunition inside, pick them up and use the as you see fit in any gun you choose event though it says a weapon type on the front (this is merely for show), there is roughly 200 rounds to be found in each scenario.

Mp5k magazines will also be scattered around, these must only be used in the mp5k and the ammo must not be removed in case it causes damage.

Red ammo box (red hawk pistol rounds): 15 rounds

Green ammo box (Green horn Shotgun ammo): 20 rounds

Blue ammo box (Blue Jackal smg ammo): 30 rounds

Mp5k low-cap mag: 30 rounds, only to be used in Mp5k

Medi kits: These have the ability to heal people and help to staunch bleeding, when a person have been injured (see injuries and hits section) simply rip the tag and tap the ‘injured’ person with it, the ‘injured’ person is now back to normal, after the item is used, place it on the floor.

Grenades: Pick up, throw, bang, simple, if you’re hit by the bb’s from the grenade then counts as one hit.

Combat weaponry: if a person is hit by a knife, claw or other item that’s classified as a combat weapon, then it simply counts as 1 hit as per normal if you are hit by a bb.

Please note that head hits with combat weapons are rather dangerous as it could knock off eye-protection (unlikely yes, but still possible) as such I would advise that you do not aim for the head, all larp weapons (that I have not supplied) will be checked before hand for safety.

There are no limits to how many sights, tac-lamps or lasers you can have on a weapon other than the amount you can actually attach to them, you may use grenade launcher if you so wish but you will not find rounds for this though you may fill up using your supply of bb’s.

SHOTGUNS

Shotguns now have the special rule of Point blank head and multi shot.

Point Blank head

If a player with a shotgun calls point blank head (with the same restrictions as with regular point blank) then the target (usually the one where the gun is pointed) takes an immediate 3 hits up to but not over the zombies get back up rule.

The player must then fire of a round at the floor or at something thats not a enemy BEFORE firing at another target.

Multi shot

If a player shoots a enemy at range and the enemy is aware that he or she was just shot by a shotgun (this will need some give and take) then he or she will take the amount of hits he are she felt, i.e if a enemy takes a hit and can tell they were hit by 3 rounds in that shot then they will take 3 hits etc.

Injuries and hits

Each player has 2 hits, when the player is hit the first time (be it by bb or combat weapon), he will go down and kneels down/crouch or whatever is comfortable for the player, whilst in this state, the person may not move from his or her position, may not shoot his weapon, but may call for help and use medi kits on himself or other people.

If a person in this state is hit again then they are then out, put there hand in the air and make their way to the safe zone where they will wait for instructions.

Zombies have 3 hits cannot be healed, once they have been hit 3 times then they will also drop to the floor, after 15 seconds they will get back up with another 3 hits, if ‘killed’ again, the zombie then exits into the safe zone and waits for instructions.

Other enemies may have more hits or different rules but I will inform the people playing them as to these.

Each scenario will last half an hour maximum, these will be timed; in-between each scenario will be a fifteen minute break.

There will be prizes for the best costume from each team.

There will be a break for lunch/food twice through the event, all ammo is provided, though gas and batteries are not.

Puzzles and items will have a decription by them and instructions for use etc.

Think thats it, hopefully not missed anything out.

I agree about the blast radius idea. A 5m radius should do the trick, or if you happen to be in the same room as the grenade when it goes off.

I'm claymore issues at the moment but I intend to fix it and bring it along. I gather it won't be allowed as part of my personal kit, but if you want to use as part of the plot (set it as an objective/nasty surprise/lucky find/lucky card draw), your very welcome to it.

I'm claymore issues at the moment but I intend to fix it and bring it along.  I gather it won't be allowed as part of my personal kit, but if you want to use as part of the plot (set it as an objective/nasty surprise/lucky find/lucky card draw), your very welcome to it.

Whats the problem with it? i had some problems with mine resolved by replacing all the battries and a bit of re-wiring, bring it along if you can as there is a scenario set for the U.B.C.S that will use them.

How do the hit rules work exactly, if your hit with a double tap is that both your hits gone in one go?

Players will not really be affected by double-taps as zombies cant shoot, however you will come across shooty monsters, players when hit (even if by a double tap or even a spray of mg fire) will loose only the one hit and then drop to their knees/*albartroth*/back and begin bleeding out, once bleeding out the player cannot be attacked and can only die from bleeding out after 2 mins.

A zombie taking a double tap will count it as two hits but a zombie taking a 3 round burst from full auto weapon counts it as one.

As for grenades, what would people suggest being an acceptable radius to use?

Also ROCKET LAUNCHER RULES

1. The rocket launcher only has 1 shot, once used place on floor or hand to marshall who will reload the bloody thing.

2. If you are hit by rocket launcher projectile you die, no bleedout time, no matter how many hits you had you are now dead.

3. The operator will get a teeeeeeeensy bit wet.

• 3 weeks later...

Im sorry to announce this but i will be postponing the event on october 6th until next year, hopefully about april.

This is due to a stretch on my personal budget which was caused by the Cam belt snapping in my car and buggering the engine meaning i had to get a new car, i was stretched to do this event before hand and would rather it goes ahead properly and everyone gets the best experience from the game rather than cheap out and it turns out to be a let down.

I apoligise to all who have shown interest and have reserved places for the event, you will be contacted first when i run the event next year.

Really wish this could have gone ahead but hope you will be as interested when i run the event in the new year.

Once again sorry. :(

erm....did you read the above posts? Ive had to cancel the event....

However i am planning to postpone it to aprilish time, may be resident evil it may not, ill inform peeps when i know myself.

yes I read it which is why I said "should be able to make it now" as I couldnt make the october date. So as I originally asked assuming the rules stay the same what about AEPs?

Ah, sorry my mistake there! :D

Aeps as long as they are not full auto capable follow the same rules as the regular gbb ones, full auto ones however come under the full auto weapon catagory and can only be found in game (by finding a full auto weapon in game, you may use it when you find it, after the mission is over hand it in to me and you may then exchange it for a full auto capable weapon of your choice) or if you randomly select one via the pre-game card section.

Two words for possible theme for next game....

Infection....

Britain....

(Not 28 days later style infection but do expect some similarities)

This is just one possible idea for the next one, unless people desparatly want me to stay with the resident evil theme.

Archived