Survival Horror part 2

Mikhailthejackal

After some thought i will be bringing the booking date forward this way i defintly get the site for that date!

Time for booking starts at....1st july

Cost will be: £10 deposit to be recieved before 15th september (cut off date for returns will be 1st september this way if your not coming i can send deposit back but after the 1st it will be non-refundable) and £15 on the day!

OR

£30 on the day, prebooking is cheaper and will help me out buttloads!

Ill put up more details when booking begins but looks like the game will be run at gunman airsoft site on the saturday 20th october, 6pmish start for a 6am finish at latest.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The site looks awesome, will be great at night!

To keep things interesting might be cool to make torches a special item so that each team only has so many. Or for safety just let each person hav a really crappy torch that doesnt illuminate very far, but each team could have 2 or 3 decently powered torches.

Due to a lack of power facilities at the site it will be completely dark but i will be buying some hopefully bright area lamps which only require some batteries which will be scattered about the place at the important places or just cool areas.

Torches for people ill have a small supply of those cheap *albatross* torches i lent out last time (though this time with better batteries) but people can still use their own tac-lamps and the such...though im still deliberating about night vision...

Also pyros are allowed at the site so expect a good few booms to be around!

This is my local site, so thank you very much, that will do nicely! Couldn't make the last one, but I've heard such good things I'll definitely be there!

Ok possibly got a site, costs £300 to rent, date will probaly be 21st october, site is gunman airsoft, what do people think?

http://www.gunmanairsoft.co.uk/

Pretty cheap considering the last was 250 to rent also the said they can help out with props and stuff.

Near Cambridge so its slightly more central and hopefully more accesable than the last too!

Well I'm not wanting to speak on behalf of the whole team, but I know that several members of Team Spleen are big Zombie fans and would probably want to play the undead given the chance. There are probablt quite a few Umbrella people around, there are a lot of black tac vests here at GunMan.

Glad to hear it, any preference on team?

Just as rogue says we use pipe lagging to represent the zombies attack (this way you dont actually punch, munch or brain someone), other monsters get longer sizes or claws (made of foam) to represent attacks.

Zombie players are also provided with a bloodied shirt to look more zombie-esq, though im currently experimenting with latex 'face damage' that willing players can wear on there face.

So who will play the zombie's wor will everyone just rotate jobs so to speak??

As for the latex face makeup what we did back in college was to put PVC glue (quite thickly) in area's on the face, once dried and teh face makeup is applied it enables you to peel area's back to give the look of flesh peeling or falling off not to mention you can paint the inside of the flap red or alike which creates a whicked effect to be honest.

Also its pretty quick to do

I wish you considered Electrowerkz in central london, its easy for everyone to get too and because its CQB it is great for zombie games, it so CQB zombies will kill the Survivors easily depending on the teams. In a fully auto shitstorm/battlefield i am able to get around 4 knife kills.

Prizes for best looking loadout cool :), Can there be any RCPD or STARS members in the teams.

as for Zombie damage, just buy those cheep haloween masks for £5 and wear your glasses on top of them or under looks sweet !

PS*

Electrowerkz is a 3 story building, with 2 sets of stars a courtyard indoor safty area a bar toilets, and about 20 rooms.

Sorry to threadjack...

I am thinking about running a Resi evil game here in the states; what's the best way to learn about Resident Evil, i.e., which of the game(s) has the best gameplay/story? Any pointers to how these games run would be great. And yes, I have read this thread and the last one, just looking for some additional help.

Thanks,

Daniel

I did consider electrowerkz but i due to the layout of stairways it restricts it for what i needed, however it does make a very good office block etc and i look forward to using it for a S.T.A.L.K.E.R game...but thats a while off yet.

As for the costumes, yes you are free to come as whatever you like from either the games, films or the uniforms i have previously posted, though what you choose will affect what team you play for, such as if you come as barry burton then survivors or as ada wong then umbrella special forces etc, email me with what you want to wear and ill see what team you can play for.

At the moment, yes this will be at gunman as its cheap for the excellent site it is plus its slightly more central than the last site.

And for Crispin1025, play them all!!!!! Though story wise probaly resi 3 has the best story line to use, i wont be using that though as i did it last time...this time its something different, it also continues on from the last one somewhat and i intend to do more events for this so we have a running plot theme going, i also intend a re-make of the first one, im planning it to be like town assault but with zombies and actual helicopters! but once again thats a long way off for now.

In short though if its your first time running one then keep it simple, in order to do this i split the event into hald hour sections this allowed me the keep the action flowing and allowed me to manage items around whilst the players had a 15mins break.

And Rogue845 thanks for the confidence, i hope i wont let you down.

Archived