Hands-On with a Maruzen MP5K Charger?

Wupjak

I saw one of these in action the other day and had my curiosity piqued. The noise these things make is unique and frankly scared the ###### out of me as I was moving along the long side of a building in the open. Luckily, he missed with the only BB left in his magazine, and the rest of the 20 rounds or so he ripped off just made my skin crawl, not sting.

I owned a Sun Projects SP16A1 for quite awhile and never had any luck with it despite a full treatment of upgrades, so it went down the road. I guess I'm still hoping for a usable gas gun that won't hand-grenade on me.

While the looks are questionable, I'm more interested in any durability improvements that have been made to the bolt/loading nozzle/feed ramp/piston that plagued the earlier versions of the gun. Budget is not really a concern, since with any gas gun having reciprocating parts breaking or wearing out are to be expected. I don't want a boat anchor, however, and would love to hear about people who own this (admittedly homely) version of Maruzen's MP5K.

Look forward to any replies. I searched the forums but found only a handful of reports on the older models and several suppositions that Maruzen didn't/wouldn't make the internals more durable/less crappy.

I found this little bit on how someone modified their MP5K to run reliably on propane/gg. It's not much, but it's hope. Also, apparently WGC/UN custom MP5K's ran reliably on propane. Perhaps emailing their technicians could shed some light on the upgrades necessary.

Now, if Maruzen ever makes that GBB MP7, I'll be all over it.

I am also interested about this MP5k Charger.

I have a friend here in Finland, who is selling his older model MZ CQB ver II at a fair price.

I do not know about this type of GBB that much. Is it reliable to run with GG or even yellow gas?

Has anyone heard or even tried, if this new Charger has these small unreliabilities fixed already?

Getting tired of owning opponents with semi GBB´s :D Want to pewn thems with full auto...

Thanks

-Hessu-

I was looking at the MP5k Charger (the one with the retractable stock right?) but cash is a bit tight at the moment so I might just buy the regular version.

On the subject of green gas, airsoftscotland had the original and the CQB II (with rail and reflex sight) and they were advertising the CQB II as being able to take green gas. Am I right in thinking that the Charger is the same gun but with a stock instead of optical sight?

Mind you, redwolf now has the Maruzen Scorpian in stock!!

Nyaah,

Scorp is too... hmm, ruski!

I´m gonna go the Charger way, with all of those hi-po parts, which were listed behind that previous articles link.

Has anyone tried to drill/ Dremel/ widen the valves on the Mp5k mags? This mod works for other gas operated guns, why wouldn´t it work on this one???

Thanks

-H-

Thanks for the replies.

A teammate and friend of mine with an older version (Tumerboy) and the fellow who opened up on me with his Charger the other day (Alex from RHP) are going to take down their guns and look at the differences, if any.

Should be interesting to hear their observations, I'll pass them along.

So, as I said earlier, a couple of guys I know own a Charger and an older model (and of course broken) MP5K. Here is his PM to me from our boards:

I met with A tonight at AEX, and disassembled both side by side, and. . . . there is no discernable difference between the two.

I gave A my mags and a few parts and wished him luck LOL.

Ah well, a guy can dream about a Maruzen that's not headed for the junkheap.

Archived