Is green okay in this gun?

otherrandomhero

I am about to buy a used KSC SVI seahawk 3.9 from a member on this forum. That's right, I ditched all my P99, M945, P226, and 1911A1 plans and took a different route, making that long thread useless. Anyways, a review on justpistols on the 5.5 version claimed it to get around 210 on 134a, which is unacceptably low, and that's with the longer barrel to increase speed by a bit. Is green okay to use in this gun? It has a metal frame and barrel, though the slide is still plastic.

The main concern I'd have about running green on it is the scarcity of spare parts if something does break. With a TM or WA, you know you can pretty much rebuild from scratch if you need to. With the KSC you're looking at, you could find yourself stuck with an expensive paperweight.

:zorro:

Problem is, it's difficult to know what's safe and what isn't without people testing some guns to destruction. We're likely to end up with a lot of anecdotal "A friend of my brother's vet saw a TM M9 die on green after one shot" stories

Personally, I think the best way to go is to use green in guns you can get spare parts for.

:zorro:

How about a What you need for Green thread which can then be filled with one super post/s detailing all the relevant parts for their respective guns needed to get a gas gun up and running effectively on green gas.

I could be wrong, but I believe that would pretty much just start a big flame war. Since there are many guns that can handle GG stock and many guns that cant, people will have conflicting opinions about that modifications are really necessary to be able to run a gun on GG

I've seen a one-piece metal outer barrel for the KSC STI Edge. . and quite some time ago (over 6 yrs) a very rare metal slide for the Edge. Only available in Japan.

I've rarely seen any upgrades for the KSC STI series in HK let alone the US.

Don't expect much. . the finish on them KSC STI series make the WA SVIs look like toys in my opinion. . but that's about it. . you aren't going to be getting a skirmish worthy gun from the STI Seahawk.

If you want the Seahawk for a collectors piece..fine. .if you want a skirmishing gun, stick with the TM hicapa series or WAs.

If you DO end up getting the Seahawk and find out it's not your cup of tea. .definitely shoot me an email . .I'd love to have it in my collection.

I guess I'll stick with 134a unless it gets into lower tmperatures than you'd normally switch to green for. Do you think it would be fine below 50f? The gun is actually not intended for skirmish use, I was planning on using it for TAPSS events, which it would be perfect for since apparently the KSC STI's are pretty wicked accurate.

I'm going with this one, mostly because I'm getting with with 4 extra mags and a holster for $190 shipped, which is pretty damn good. I also looked at the TM hi-capas and the WAs, but they're both very common (especially the TM) and more expensive (especially the WA, Reassuringly expensive has its limits). I'd still really like to use green in it, though, so if ANYONE finds ANY upgrade slides for a KSC SVI 3.9, please, please let me know. Thanks everyone!

EDIT: oh, and it already has a metal outer barrel. It's just the plastic slide that I'm concerned about.

The gun is actually not intended for skirmish use, I was planning on using it for TAPSS events, which it would be perfect for since apparently the KSC STI's are pretty wicked accurate.

If you are really going to use it for TAPSS you might want to choose a model with a longer inner barrel. That will greatly aid accuracy. The Sea Hawk has a very short barrel.

Yes, but, as I said, that would cost me a hell of a lot more than buying this used one. Plus, word on justpistols is that the KSC series is actually better than WA as far as externals go.

EDIT: Almost forgot, the longest I'll go on a barrel on an SVI is 4.3 inches. Anything bigger just looks wrong IMO.

yes.. the STI has a metal outer barrel. .but the breech is plastic still. .right? (it's been a long time since I've owned the Hunter and Edge).

I was talking about a one-piece metal outer barre/breechl. .which I know the Seahawk doesn't have. .

Archived