KSC Mk23 bought from dannyboy

tomster

So I saw dannyboy's KSC Mk23 up for sale here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=107586

I immediately PMed him asking if he would be interested in selling one of his Mk23's and shipping it to me in Belgium.

Hi

I'm interested in purchasing 1x Mk23. Would you mind shipping it to Antwerp 2018, Belgium though?

And if so do you accept paypal?

Thanks

Tom

To which he replied:

Overseas shipping would be a bit more, but if you're willing to cover that I have no problems shipping to Belgium. And yes, I do accept paypal

I agreed and asked him for a quote:

A few more questions:

Does it come with a mag/clip? And it wouldn't happen to have a metal slide on it, does it?

Anyway let me know please about the shipping costs to Antwerp 2018, Belgium.

Thanks again.

So I got the quote from him, which I thought was pretty steep to be honest.

It comes with one mag, and just the standard ABS slide. Never got round to buying metal slides for them 

Anyway, shipping would be £20.20 without tracking, £28 with tracking

I opted for shipping without tracking, as it's so expensive - looking back I should have chosen for the alternative method including tracking.

So I wait for a few days and I send him another PM as I still have not received anything after 4 days.

Hey there

I sent you the payment for the KSC Mk23 but I haven't heard from you since. Just wanted to know if it has been posted already.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Then to my amazement he posts this:

Hi, sorry, I've been waiting for the funds to clear into my account. Shall be getting posted at the start of next week

Now I don't know if this is standard practice when doing business here, but I thought you were to send out the paid for items as soon as you get paid. But I can understand that you would want to wait for the money to clear into your account, only the sensible thing to do.

So I wait, since he'd send it on the 28th (Monday) or 29th (Tuesday) as this would have been "the start of next week".

But again no gun or no news from him. And by now I'm getting a bit P'ed O. So I PM him again on the 31st (Thursday)

Listen, I don't know why you're not answering my PM's. But it's very simple, either I receive the Mk23 by the end of next week, or I'll file a dispute with paypal and get my money back.

I'm not trying to be hostile, I have just been in these situations before.

If you have sent the Mk23 but you have not had time yet to reply my numerous PM's , I do apologize.

Please give me an update or else I'll be forced to file that paypal dispute.

Tom

You have to remember that I sent this PM after he promised me to send the Mk23 at the start of the week, and still no news of shipment from him by Thursday.

This is what he replied

Sorry, haven't been online much lately. Funds cleared yesterday, Mk23 will be getting posted today :)

So he obviously did not post it at the start of the week. But again, since he "was going to post it that day" I thought: ah well, at least he's posting it today.

I waited and waited but there was no confirmation of shipment from him, so I sent him a PM in which I spoke my mind. In all fairness, I could have been less harsh. I would quote you the PM, but I don't have it saved and he did not reply me with it.

Anyway here's his reply:

:blink: Chill out, I don't get online that much anymore. Sending me however many PM's if I haven't replied is a tad rude, given I always reply eventually. Your gun was posted, standard international, as you asked.

So there we have it: he posted it on June 1st standard international. I presume this is non-recorded airmail - as I paid £20,20 just for shipping alone - which would mean that it would arrive at my doorstep in about 3 to 5 days, if sent by Royal Mail.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump1;j...&mediaId=400033

Airmail

The cost-effective way to send mail worldwide 3–5 working days

Basically it means that I should have gotten the gun by Thursday 3rd of June or Friday 4th of June.

Thursday June 7 passes - no gun.

Friday June 8 passes - no gun

I was going to claim back my money through paypal if I didn't get it by Friday 4th of June. Don't forget that I paid on May 23rd and it had been nearly 2 weeks since I paid and still had not received anything yet.

But after getting some advice from another forum member I decided to wait until Wednesday the 13th of June to file a dispute with paypal.

Monday June 11 - still no gun

So why am I posting this? Because I have sent him a number PM's after June 1st and I haven't heard from him since, nor have I received my gun.

And I really don't want to go to paypal without giving him a chance to explain or to find out where my gun is.

- Where is my gun?

- What service did you use (I did pay £20,20 for shipping - expecting reasonably fast shipping from the UK to Belgium)

- Are you going to refund the money if I don't get it or do I have to file a paypal dispute?

Thanks

I know it was a stupid thing to do. But £28 for shipping a handgun to Belgium? Isn't that a bit expensive? But you're right - I should have opted for tracking.

And it's not as if I want to scam him. If I were, I would have filed that paypal dispute right after he sent the gun and not whine about it here on a public forum.

I have done many deals with people on Belgian airsoftforums if you doubt my credibility you can freely visit http://forum.airsoftbrugge.be and ask the people who have traded with me. Or you can even check my ebay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...erid=burigotchi

So scamming him is totally not my intention. Just a bit paranoid, since I don't get any replies from him anymore eventhough I see him online here everyday.

And basically yes, that's just what I am asking - proof of postage. If he posted it and he can prove it, then I would obviously not demand for a refund nor file a dispute with paypal.

You opted not to pay for tracking. That was silly, wasn't it? Assuming dannyboy has proof of postage, I don't see you've got any grounds for a refund.

:zorro:

Just in response to this: if paid via Paypal than insurance is in the interest of the seller, not the buyer. A simple proof of postage is not enough in a Paypal dispute, the seller needs to provide a tracking number in order to have any grounds in an "item not received" dispute.

But the buyer specifically asked not to use tracked delivery?

You get what you pay for and some people choose to gamble (lack of funds or whatever reason)

Best thing would be for dannyboy to post up proof of delivery. If it checks out, he's in the clear and you would have sealed your own fate..............for the sake of £8, which is what - 11 *spit spit spit* euros *spit spit*

I dare say it will turn up eventually. It can often take quite a while for things to be delivered abroad :) .

Anyway both the Royal Mail International services (Airsure & International Signed For) aren't properly trackable. They only track the progress of an item until it leaves the UK :angry: .

And I agree with Tomster that both the prices quoted were excessive. Even with the extra for the 'trackable' service it should only have cost about £15.00. Of course that doesn't include any packing costs, although I think £10.00+ is really stretching it.

Whats the best service to use to get something fully tracked to it's destination? (France for example, from the UK) I was going to use Airsure but it's not fully trackable. But I guess as long as it has enough insurance, it should be fine. Famous last words...

And I agree with Tomster that both the prices quoted were excessive. Even with the extra for the 'trackable' service it should only have cost about £15.00. Of course that doesn't include any packing costs, although I think £10.00+ is really stretching it.

Oh really?

Tomster has his proof of postage, as stated however many posts ago.

I'm not quite sure what your questioning?

But lets say your gun weighed 1500g inc packaging.

Small Packet airmail price would be: £8.38

Even if it was up to 2000g then it would only cost just over £10.00

For the trackable services:

International signed for is £3.50 on top.

Airsure is £4.20 on top.

I've sent a few guns to Europe. One 'Signed For' to Portugal just last week which cost around £12.50 :) .

Slug Pellets, can GBB sized parcels get away with going as small packets? That seems to knock a fair bit off the price. The RM website doesn't seem to define what a small packet is, unless i've missed it of course.

You should be able to:

"This Airmail service offers you a cheaper rate if you’re sending gifts, goods or commercial samples. When using this service, please write ‘SMALL PACKET’ in the top left corner on the front of the item you are sending. You can also include a letter relating to the contents, but no other personalised correspondence."

Length, width and depth combined - 900mm

Greatest single dimension - 600mm

From his reaction it sounds like dannyboy paid more than I had suggested in my original reply. If the weight was over 2000g, or the parcel bigger then allowed above then it would cost quite a lot more.

If that is the case then I was wrong about the postage prices being unreasonable :) .

Well, as far as I am concerned, this deal is closed. dannyboy held up his end of the deal, provided proof of postage. Therefore I will not be asking for a refund nor claim my money back through paypal obviously.

I feel like a total git for doubting him and I have also apologized to him via PM. No matter what the outcome is, whether I get the gun or not, I will be leaving positive feedback for him on this forum, because he has shown nothing but patience to me, despite my own impatience.

He may be a little slow posting items and replying PM's, but he comes through in the end!

I hope this settles it all once and for all.

Tom

Archived