WA MEU

0nslaught

does anyone know the difference between these two guns?

WA SCW MEU Late and Early model

http://www.wa-gunnet.co.jp/english/cool/wa-wlbxw.html

and the WA SCW MEU Former model

http://www.wa-gunnet.co.jp/english/cool/wa-wlbv.html

my brother wants a 1911 variant from WA and the MEU has caught his attention since our dad was in FR.

also, how would the WA SCW MEU early model hold up stock with green? can anyone find a review for me about this gun?

EDIT*

i just found a special sale at guns n guys for the SCW2 MEU Pistol Early Model

can anyone explain the difference between SCW and SCW2?

sorry for being so noobish

The "Early" model is Back, the "Former" model is a dark grey. The former/grey one looks much more realistic because the real MEU is Parkerized... so they look more grey. I'm pretty sure only DEN stocks it, and they list it as being the grey version of the early model.

i see,

then, what would be your choice between the four if you were trying to get a replica of the hand gun force recon uses.

i was thinking the SCW early model. but would it be the former since its more greyish?

can anyone help me with the difference between the SCW and SCW2?

No question the former model would be my choice. Understand when I say "grey" I mean a dark, dark grey. The color is really close to the real parkerized 1911s I've handled.

I mean, I would change my airsoft guns like I change my socks, but that WA Former model MEU stuck with me for a looooooooong time. I had to leave airsoft before I could bring myself to sell it. It's a great gun. The real thing is a no-frills business weapon, and the WA replicates that well

Also note that even though it's the earlier version, MEUSOC still uses the old and new 1911s currently, there are plenty of pictures in their gallery of the "early" version.

No question the former model would be my choice. Understand when I say "grey" I mean a dark, dark grey. The color is really close to the real parkerized 1911s I've handled. 

I mean, I would change my airsoft guns like I change my socks, but that WA Former model MEU stuck with me for a looooooooong time. I had to leave airsoft before I could bring myself to sell it. It's a great gun. The real thing is a no-frills business weapon, and the WA replicates that well 

Also note that even though it's the earlier version, MEUSOC still uses the old and new 1911s currently, there are plenty of pictures in their gallery of the "early" version.

the color is really close to the real parkerized 1911's that FR use?

ya, i saw a few pics of FR with early and late versions. but the former model you are talking about sounds nice. how did it shoot?

well shucks, i just checked den and the former model is out of stock. at den they call the former model (grey) right?

Im not a WA techie, so someone more qualified could tell you the specifics of it's performance. I was more happy with its performance, but Im not hard to please. Yes, the finish is closer to the milspec parkerization finish put on the MEUSOCs by armorers at Quantico than the black version.

Even though it doesn't look it the early model thats on sale at G'n'G is the grey one. I know because I bought one of them a while ago  :) .

wait huh? sorry that didnt make sense.

so, are you saying that the early model that is for sale at GnG is in fact the former model(grey version)??

Yes.

Made sense to me and it's 4AM here. Hell, I can hear the birds chirping

aw sweet.

also, there is a shooters design metal slide for the WA early model.

it is the Shooters Design MEU Pistol Early Model Grey Metal Slide

will this slide fit the WA SCW MEU Former model at GnG?

oh and also, what does it mean when an item at GnG is on a special :P

Hey 0nslaught,

Well, as many above have mentioned the differences between the Early and Late MEU models, I can provide you info between SCW and SCW2. So first off, both the Early and Late models are both SCW2. SCW(1) was Shibuya's first SCW model (probably hard to find now) that used a strut-type firing pin, but posed problems with keeping the firing pin latched back. So, the SCW2 system was made, which IMO is better because the firing pin is now attached to the hammer.

Sometime ago, WA released their first MEU (in your case, the "former model") which I used to make my SCW2 Kimber. IMO, I like the Late model because of the combat-style hammer (non-ring) and the beaver-tail grip safety. The early one though is also quite nice and looks like that is the one you are leaning towards.

Later on, it would be nice to put a metal slide/frame upgrade to your pistol, as green gas will not last long on a stock WA pistol. Any slide marked for your MEU model will work, as well as any slide marked "SCW."

I think I found the one you were looking at: SCW2 MEU (Early) Looks good and is on sale for about $150. Not bad!

(Just to keep in mind, there is a newer system SCW3 system for WA guns that has become standard; probably means the WA guns now being made are SCW3.)

Hope this helps.

thanks mystic! yes, i decided to get the former model since its the best model to replicate the handgun FR uses. I will most likely keep it stock for a while, then add a metal slide and some upgrades. but im not sure about a frame, i probably will if i have money but most likely just add the shooters design slide.

and yep, that link you provided is the one i am looking for.

thanks for your help man.

Archived