AK decision

Icemaster109

Hello, I have been playing for years now, however I have never expanded much being a "gundo" as I have always been a geardo. I have been around AR-16 platforms for about 5-6 years now. I have accessories, and have upgraded my ar's to oblivion. I have never ventured many places in the gun department. Which brings me back to the newbie forum for a few questions.

First of all. I have decided to by an TM AK47s. All i want really is it to be full metal metal (front set, upper and lower reciever) and wood. Thats all. I can install kits myself if need be. So here are my questions

1: Redwolf Airsoft is selling an AK47S upgraded with a full metal body kit, and a front set for about $445+shipping. A)Is it worth it worth the price for the metal body kit, and installation B) what type of metal body kit is it? does it include the upper reciever?

2: Would I be better off buying an AK47S from around here, and buying the parts seperatley and installing them myself? B)If soo where can I find the cheapest parts

3: What wood kit is best? and which looks the most realistic.

Thanks

How about one of the VFC AKs? Their guns are full-metal (steel receivers, aluminum barrels) and full-wood. They are all under $500, too. Good price for good guns, I think. They offer the following models:

AKS-74U (wood handguard, unique serial number)

AKS-74U (plastic handguard)

AK-74 (side mount)

AK-74

AKS-74 (side mount)

AKS-74

IMHO, it might be better to just buy a CYMA AK-47 / AK-47S and upgrade it instead. I mean, if you are just going to upgrade it anyway you might just as well buy a CYMA imo. I have a AK-74 and it is a great gun in my opinion. However, if you want TM then its your choice.

Really, I have been looking at the VFCs myself. Are the VFC internals reliable? I have heard mixed reviews from a friends on the internals? I am prolly not gonna upgrade it internally (until eons from now), so something with a tough stock gearbox is in order. Thanks

From what i know the ones with the service pack already installed are more reliable (and newer), but steel gears, 7mm bushings and the ability to have a 12v battery to have insane rate of fire sounds good to me :D

The S stock is terribly uncomfortable. I personally recommend the RK-103, most realistic and best AK on the market, full metal, takes down the same as a real one, metal hop up chamber, tight bore barrel, M100 equivalent putting over 350FPS stock. Max accurate range of about 65 yards or so due to its most excellant hop up coupled with the tight bore G&G put in it.

Not what you asked for but something to think about.

HPIM0975.jpg

Hmm that looks good, does anyone have some reviews on the TSD AK? Never heard of them.

Some guys on opsec radio said they shot 20,000 rounds through the RPK (TSD) with no problems. They said they used very long bursts. They were trying to abuse it till it broke, And by the end of the day it was still funtional. This was at one OP

But if something happens, the 100$+ you save can be put torwards replacement parts.

*Im to tired to make it sound better so I apoligize :P

Are the VFC internals reliable?

I own 2 VFC Ak's. The internals are very good. Bearing piston head, teflon coated cylinder, ... . I'm happy with it for a stock gun (but they could have add a bearing spring guide...).

Hmm that looks good, does anyone have some reviews on the TSD AK? Never heard of them.

TSD = SRC

SRC = not the best internals... but for the price, not a bad gun

If you buy a TM Ak you are sure that the gun will work for a long time without any problem. You can always add metal & wood parts in the future.

Alright great, I think I will go with the TM. I will get it when my M733 sells, and then add all the trimmings like wood and stuff. Thanks for your comments though, Dat1 just talked my friend into trying the TSD AK. BTW if anyone wants to contribute to my "AK-47 fund" I am selling my M733 in the US sales area.

Archived