MEU SOC!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn you... :P

I now face a dilemma - I want one of these, but...that Tac Carry...

1911 where did you order your MEU from and how much was it? I'd get one from Elite UK but their price is just '£POA'...

I know its not directed at me, but I thought I would answer anyway. :)

WGC stock them at £108 plus shipping and import, thats where I got mine from.

What kind of price do you reckon I'd end up paying on that, with shipping and import costs then? I've never ordered a gun from WGC before - only accessories.

Oh and sorry if this is classed as a thread hijack - I'll get it over as soon as possible :)

I'm glad that I made an impact in people drooling over the MEU haha :D

Havoc Man, I don't know which shop in HK i got my gun from. I didn't order it myself, but the price i got is WGC price, plus an extra $50. It's all done through the local store that ordered the stuff for us.

One more thing about the MEU that i forgot, the grip is made of solid metal. It was coated with a rubberized substance to make it nice to hold.

Marcus, honestly I think building your own MEU wouldn't be that hard, but you won't be getting those 'limited' things that comes with the gun. The unussually extra weight, 6.03 barrel etc.

I was test firing the gun IPSC (steel challende) style :) and found that the gun double tabbed really quick. I put 5 empty taiwanese gas tank side by side about 4 meters away and 5" apart and fire it as quick as I could. As I've said before, the feel of the gun is freakin awesome.....the extra weiight at the front of the gun makes up for the lack of realism in weight distribution of airsoft. The solid metal grip also helped in that aspect.

1911:

Nice piece! Definately worth looking into. I've been pondering the best way to build an MEU for a few years now! You mentioned about some new features in this pistol. My question is would it be possible to put a metal slide on here? And if so, is one made with the correct serrations? Thanks!

1911:

Nice piece!  Definately worth looking into.  I've been pondering the best way to build an MEU for a few years now!  You mentioned about some new features in this pistol.  My question is would it be possible to put a metal slide on here?  And if so, is one made with the correct serrations?  Thanks!

Welcome Seal Sniper:)

Theres always possibilty in everything, you can always ask Airsoft Surgeon to custom made you the slide for it, but that'll cost alot! As of this moment there are no metal slide with the correct serration available. Unless you can get a Kimber metal slide (but the markings would be wrong).

See I've been trying to build my own MEU or Kimber Swat for a while now, but there were too many things to consider. First of all, hammer, trigger, beavertail on the platform gun had to be correct, and then the grip (you can't have a wilson logo on a Kimber) and so on. And I always ended up too late.....its either out-of-stock after 1-2 weeks of it's debut or whatever. So when MEU came out, I ordered it right away.

Since the Quantico Precision Weapons Shop build the MEU(SOC)s off USGI frames with Springfield Armory or Caspian slides, both with and without front cocking serrations, and simply add their own in-house custom high-profile hivis rear sight, a MEU(SOC) isn't one single pistol.

Therefore, in order to get a "correct" MEU(SOC), a "United States Property"-marked frame (not readily available afaik) and an internal-extractor slide with slanted serrations.

This isn't to be confused with the MAR-SOC DET-1 (Marines SOCOM Detachment 1) pistol which is a through-and-through Kimber with rail, lanyard and Pachmayr grips. This is the pistol also referred to as the "ICQB" (Interim CQB):

mar-soc.jpg

The MAR-SOC DET-1

Here is an old, but good, link about the MEU(SOC):

www.full-auto.com/library_article_meu-soc.htm

M.

I honestly have no idea what the WA MEU(SOC) is based on. I'd like to think they knew it themselves, but I suspect that they figured "hey let's see what we have, put it together and call it something cool"!

That's not necessarily bad, since the actual pistol seems very, very nice (I'm going to order a few soon), but there are many discrepancies:

• Beavertail (low-rise grooved bump on WA, high-rise King's on real-steel)
  • Sights (Novaks on WA, extended hivis GI on real-steel)
  • Grips (Double diamond on WA, Pachmayr on real-steel)
  • Hammer (Egghole on WA, commander on real-steel)
  • Thumb safety (wide on WA, King's narrow tac on real-steel)

That does lead me to believe they didn't base it off any specific incarnation of the MEU(SOC), but rather look at their inventory and say "this seems about right". Maybe I'm just being sceptical or simply misinformed, perhaps there is a whole production run from the PWS that looks like WAs that I don't know about...

M.

I honestly have no idea what the WA MEU(SOC) is based on. I'd like to think they knew it themselves, but I suspect that they figured "hey let's see what we have, put it together and call it something cool"!

That's not necessarily bad, since the actual pistol seems very, very nice (I'm going to order a few soon), but there are many discrepancies:

• Beavertail (low-rise grooved bump on WA, high-rise King's on real-steel)

• Sights (Novaks on WA, extended hivis GI on real-steel)

• Grips (Double diamond on WA, Pachmayr on real-steel)

• Hammer (Egghole on WA, commander on real-steel)

• Thumb safety (wide on WA, King's narrow tac on real-steel)

That does lead me to believe they didn't base it off any specific incarnation of the MEU(SOC), but rather look at their inventory and say "this seems about right". Maybe I'm just being sceptical or simply misinformed, perhaps there is a whole production run from the PWS that looks like WAs that I don't know about...

M.

I guess you're right... :( If you look at different pics of the real steel MEU, almost all of them are different arent they? The thing that bugged me the most is the beavertail, the grip wasn't that bad cause i hated the look of Pachmayr.

Heres is an article

www.ar15.com/content/swat/200312-SOCOM.pdf

Ouch!

The closeup of your MEU(SOC) highlighted just how inaccurate the thumb safety is, and the fact that the front strap is checkered!

Neither the MEU(SOC) nor the MAR-SOC have that, not to mention the fact that the front sight should be staked on, not dovetailed, and the rear should be an "improved" GI/milspec sight with night inserts, not a full Novak.

As nice as the WA gun is, it's more like a Springfield Loaded imho:

PX9109LLarge.jpg

I don't particularly like the Pachmayr grips myself, but if I'm going to build a more accurate MEU(SOC) I'd put them on anyway, for that tactical look :lol:

M.

As far as I know, the MEU uses the SCW gas system (if it's any different then a 'SCW' gun). Just go to the western arm website, and in some of the SCW gun page, it explain technically what SCW is.

Scw70cut.jpg

5 features of S.C.W.New Government ! (shown above: Colt Series 70)

Point 1 New hop-up system without dismantling!

Formerly, the pistol must be disassembled into the upper and lower part

for adjusting the hop-up system.

From the new government you only insert the wrench into the ejection port,

while slide in the retreat position.

Point 2 "Gas control System" is loaded!

This system can shoot stably and safe with any condition

of gas pressure.

Point 3 Power cylinder is loaded!

The New S.C.W. series is loaded with a power cylinder, which can make

a bigger recoil than before even with thin single column magazine.

Point 4 Transfer Hammer System is loaded!

This can push the hammer down from the cocking position without connecting

the valve of magazine. And it actualizes the real hammer-rest-position

and real handling.

...I just hate myself now... :D

Personally, I'm waiting to build SCW-system guns until there are more parts for them, so it's Magna for me (not a great loss, the transfer-hammer system doesn't tickle my parts, and the added power... well... not really needed with green on full metal pistols).

M.

Archived