decisions decisions

Fred

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a 300fps max contry the Mp7 might be a nice option.

Or if you at only playing CQB with pistols.

Tha max output of the Mp7 is only 250fps, upgrading alle internal parts with the laylax serie and the laylax "power spring" may give you 25fps more, but makes it a very expensive 25fps.

And the big cost will be rate of fire (Rof). And in a CQB senario ROF is a big factor.

The Mp7 have no internal room fore more cells to the battery. upgrading the spring drop the 13-14rps to 10-11 rps.

The range of the stock Mp7 might be as fare as 30 meters, but as the pelet lacks power, the chance that a running target don't feel the impact is to grate.

The real question is not Mp7 vs. P90, but AEP vs. AEG.

The P90 have the real gearbox. And one of the best TM makes.

The body have room fore 8 GP2000 cells, or +10 Elite1500 cells. Makin it posible to make agrasive 330-450fps 28-30rps tun jobs on it. (Or +600fps)

The barrel is the same 247mm as the G36C, upgradeing it to a Laylax or TK precision barrel, combined with 0.25-0.28 HiGrade pelets, makes the gun higly precise.

The only down side to the P90 is the HiCap design. They are prone to jams and "spinn offs" at +20rps ROF, and don't work well shooting down with +0.23g pellets. There is no "MediCap" P90 magazine.

And... the magazines is big, bigger then anny other mag.

The P90 is a fine primary gun.

In the right hands, with the right upgrades, a highly letal and highly mobile gun.

The Mp7 is not a good primary airsoft weapon.

As a backup gun, or sidearm for a BoltAction sniper, it may come in handy...

But in this role in, varm weather, it looses to GBB pistols and SMG's simply as they are way more fun to shoot.

As a first gun the Mp7 will only make the owner sorry he brought it, as it takes skill and experince to overcome the handicaps in this gun.

Skils and experince that you only get with a efective weapon.

PS; My writing suck, I know... Danish. ;)

Have to disagree there. I'm using a WELL Mp7 for CQB and doing quite well with it. My back-up has been a CYMA G18c AEP. I've had too many GBB's give out during the fight to really trust them completely (cracked frame, freeze ups and seals letting go). My AEP's have never had a failure to fire and I've owned them since September 2006! GBB's maybe "more fun to shoot", but thats as long as they shoot.

I've used my Mp7 a few times outside against AEG's and was able to hold my own by picking my shots. I've not been overly impressed by the P90 and as someone who loves bull-pups, I rather see a short AUG, FAMAS (I've made both as springers and they work really well) or an affordable TAVOR. I've actually ordered a FAMAS (the AUG was just too expensive for this) and I'm going to attempt to shorten the barrel to the point that just the flash hider shows. It will still have a longer inner barrel than the P90 and be usable as a CQB and Field Rifle.

I've used my Mp7 a few times outside against AEG's and was able to hold my own by picking my shots.

It will still have a longer inner barrel than the P90 and be usable as a CQB and Field Rifle.

Did you miss this part:

In a 300fps max contry the Mp7 might be a nice option.

:P Fighting only stock springers the Mp7 is cool.

Shooting 1.5J guns at +30rps makes a diference.

A upgradet P90 with modified HiCaps is capable of this, and against the Mp7's febel 0.6J and 13-14rps the P90 (or anny propper AEG) just blasts the Mp7 off the field.

That you have a longer barrel in you Mp7 don't compensate the fact that the P90 as it have more power, is cable of shooting heavier pelets, and having the option of larger AEG cylinders. The P90 gearbox have no problems handling a 600fps tuneup, and with a full cylinder, barrels at 550mm is open to the system.

The problem with the Mp7 is all the limitations.

You get a underpowered small gun, it is a fun chalenge, but you are locked with what you get.

MP7 would the be dumbest main weapon ever lol!.

P90 is nice but it is really only a CQB gun, it will be out ranged by other longer guns, think G3.

I have two other choices for you, the 1st is a CA MP5 SD. It would do wonders in CQB and is already almost upgraded.

The 2nd being a CA M15 CQB it is upgraded bar the spring. You just pop in a new spring and bam you are shooting at over forum limits.

I like the P90, but I think you will have issues with woodland. For a 1st AEG you might want something a little less one dimentional.

Archived