Photo shop needed.

urbandork

I need someone to photo shop a TM hicapa with a black slide that has ONLY the side walls polished (leters and serations in the rear left black) AND also has wood inplace of the textred part of the grip. Rose wood or walnut would be fine some dark but not to light.

Im trying to decide to ditch the chrome and go pure black and the OD grip when it comes out OR go with a half polished slide and custom wood intergration into the polymer grip.

Much thanks in advanced to any one who comes through.

phishphansj3151,

For pencil-sketching, Corel Painter is your friend :)

I find it difficult to render pencil/charcoal-realistic drawings in Photoshop, I guess a combination of chalk/charcoal and photocopy can somewhat achieve the desired result:

glock.jpg

Glock, drawn in Illustrator and filtered with chalk/charcoal in Photoshop

1911.jpg

1911, same. Notice how bad it looks with the detail?

For the astute, this is the Arnie's Commemorative Colt, posted in some other thread:

arnies1911.jpg

Above is the Illustrator final output. Not exactly pencil, more like ink.

Unfortunately, I don't have Corel Painter installed currently, so I can't sketch something up, but if you want to do realistic pencil, it's the application to use.

M.

better then my attempt lol.

5.jpg

But i think i get the idea.

As for how i plan on getting the wood grip on to the plastic. I plan on busting out the dremel and sander. Sekeletonizing the grip area. Sand it down a bit lower. Sand wood grips down to fit flush with grip. Figured on not only screwing the wood part on with stock grip screws but also to hot glue grips on.

I also plan on running either a kimber or a springfeild slide and polishing just the wall. Im leaning toward a springfeild over the kimber because i like the way the serations are set up.

Its either this or a all black barrel/hammer/guide rod and an OD grip when it comes out.

Thanks goes out to all who helped and actually took the time to mess around with photoshop. It reminds me of the days of the first forums when i had thought about doing a p90/psg1 hybrid before all those rails thingys came out for it. Gosh im glad i kept my p90tr as stock as possible.

Lol, thanks guys. Whipped that up in about 10 min.

It's what I do for a living. Last 7 years, 8 hours a day... nothin' but photoshop, retouching studio photography. (gets real boring)

Too bad the shots of guns I post of my own always suck... never have got around to picking up a decent camera for myself!

...now, if you want to see the chicks in my personal portfolio... ;)

Actually, if you've ever been into a Home Depot, or used DeWalt or Black and Decker tools... chances are you've seen my work.

Archived