your loadout /style

heroshark

are you a geardo  

203 members have voted

1. 1. geardo level

• 1(missmatched DPM & a battered gun)
    • 10(anal geardo right down to the correct socks & a polished gun with all the trimmings)

I don't want this to start into a arguement between me and you, so this will my last post here.

BUT, you can't say I'm into my gear more than you? You've got a pouch on your molle vest for just about everything including condoms......So if I'm a 8 you must be at least a 11, I voted myself a 6.

lol argument? You're always calling me a geardo, you geardo.

Yeah come to think of it 6 is probably more accurate, you got all this nice authentic stuff that you insist is pukka, then don't wear it in favour of sticking 6 MP5 mags in the same knee pocket ;) LOL condom molle pouch, classic. Sad thing is if they made one of those I'd consider buying it, not to put condoms in but a few hundred rounds of spare ammo :P:D

BTW I refer to my previous post:

All I care about is my gear doing it's job and being able to access equipment quickly with ease - if that makes me a geardo then I'm a 10 ;)

But it's not; geardoisim is about collecting kit (preferably real) to replicate the look of real units and using that kit in an airsoft game. I think the term for people like me is "gearhead" :huh: though I'm much more geared (:P) towards practical application than anything else.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol argument? You're always calling me a geardo, you geardo.

Yeah come to think of it 6 is probably more accurate, you got all this nice authentic stuff that you insist is pukka, then don't wear it in favour of sticking 6 MP5 mags in the same knee pocket ;) LOL condom molle pouch, classic. Sad thing is if they made one of those I'd consider buying it, not to put condoms in but a few hundred rounds of spare ammo :P:D

BTW I refer to my previous post:

But it's not; geardoisim is about collecting kit (preferably real) to replicate the look of real units and using that kit in an airsoft game. I think the term for people like me is "gearhead" :huh: though I'm much more geared (:P) towards practical application than anything else.

OK I couldn't resist :P

If it looks like a Geardo, Plays like a Geardo and smells like a geardo it's a geardo, therefor you're a Geardo.

Thank you very much, all my stuff is so real it's got blood on it, and it was 8 mags I managed to get in there not 6 :P

OMG are you telling me that I found the 1 thing which you don't have a Molle pouch for? I see an opening in teh market there, I wonder how many other people would like a molle pouch for a condom :)

There are many terms for people like you, I believe that "Geardo" is the most polite :P only joking buddy, I've nominated you for a Arnies Airsoft award, or I would if there was such a thing.

The socks and the boots are not geniue MOD issue and I don't use smock, just shirt (even at wintertime). Apart that everything is properly cleaned and ironed S95, including the full geniue PLCE. Old plastic L85 modified to strip almost like the real thing. I rate myself 9 but I'm still looking for geniue MOD issue equipment to achieve the 10th level :D.

I carefully avoid everything that may look like SAS, para or anything elite. I'm going for the 'average footsoldier' impression. That makes me unique in the SWAT-GSG9-Rangers-Special Forces-Sniper crowd :).

If you ever need any kit help mate, drop me a line

I'd seriously recommend getting a smock, i think i hardly ever wore shirts except around lines, only once in memory on training in the middle of july and that was dry fire fire and movement.

On exercise or in the field it was *always* smock over a t-shirt or norgie.

You know if you want to look 'right' do the smock thing.

Issue socks cost about a quid form 'camo.co.uk' IIRC

(i used to wear knee lenght goretex socks over mine)

Archived