Everyones telling me that Sniping is bad as a begginer...

Olindo

I played airsoft a few days ago (probally not like a course but, kind of) with my friends in the woods next to my house, where no one would care, we carried our guns in bags, etc.

When we got there, I pulled out my ak47 (nothing on it) and realized I was playing to much like a sniper, called out people we could ambush,sitting in bushes, waiting to pull the trigger, had binocolars on just in case I needed a far view, and I tried playing a little on single shot.

I was wondering now, If I should just go out and buy a JG Bar-10? Or am I still to much of a begginer to the sport to understand the true roll of a sniper?

Also since I'm living in U.S.A should I order off of WGC shop, or should I order off of a place like Airsoft G.I.?

since you already have an AEG, by all means get a BAR10, scope and some heavy BBs. since you've played with an AEG you'll know which one is right for you if you give it a go. if its not for you, you probably wont loose much if you sell it on. or if you're worried about losing money you could have a chat to someone with a spare sniper at your next game about their recomendations etc and perhaps they might lend you their gun for a game.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well in the uk we help them, not moan about them

Yeah, and half the time they tell you to 'F off' because they are uber1337tacticoolninjahsnipahz. I personally think all those with minimum engagement distances should have to demonstrate to a marshall that they can adequately judge the distance before the games start. Wouldn't take long, could be done during chrono tests.

Yeah, I wouldn't if I had a 1K gun. but I let them handle my SR-16 plenty.

That said, I don't let a lot of new people use my APS-2 unless I know that they're sensible enough that the first thing they do is NOT point it at someone's head five feet away; I have seen it happen, and 450 FPS can be quite disastrous.

Yeah, I wouldn't if I had a 1K gun. but I let them handle my SR-16 plenty.

That said, I don't let a lot of new people use my APS-2 unless I know that they're sensible enough that the first thing they do is NOT point it at someone's head five feet away; I have seen it happen, and 450 FPS can be quite disastrous.

This last weekend I saw a kid with a UTG MK96 attempt to follow a target with his scope only to shoot a tree 3-4 feet in front of him. The round bounced off the tree and hit him in the mean bean machine. He dropped instantly clutching himself in pain. My hand to god, it was the funniest thing I think I have ever seen in Airsoft.

Archived