Opinions Needed: Tanio Koba Usp .40 Tactical

1911fan

The full set is just the same gun with a silencer as far as I know - No idea if the silencer's foam filled or not.

BTW, it doesn't have a selector, in case anyone's thinking it's some select fire monstrosity! :o

Cheers.

The silencer is foam filled, but has a spring inside that keeps the BB from destroying the foam should it bounce around in there.

Will the gun on the full set have a thin metal barrel sticking out if the silencer is removed? From what I know it should just look like a normal usp tactical, but I'd just like to make sure.

Why do some airsoft guns need that extended barrel when shooting with a silencer while others don't? As I mentioned in the original post I'm pretty new to airsoft. Thanks for the replies.

Why do some airsoft guns need that extended barrel when shooting with a silencer while others don't? As I mentioned in the original post I'm pretty new to airsoft. Thanks for the replies.

They need it for funny-level fps and accuracy. :)

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm planning on ordering a TK soon.

Does anyone know the best way (if any) to remove the "Engrish" on the right side of the frame? And does it still say "FLAME" instead of "FRAME" on the adapter, or have they fixed that?

Neither is gonna change my mind on purchasing the gun, but I'm curious :P

around 290

it is very similar to stock TM output, which is to be expected (same system)

just diddle with the hop till you are happy

Ive only used mine at closer ranges cause its kind of a pain in the *albatross* to adjust the hop and I couldnt be arsed to get it perfect

if the "flame" on the adapter bothers you, dont read the warning on the right side of the frame

heh

around 290

it is very similar to stock TM output, which is to be expected (same system)

just diddle with the hop till you are happy

Ive only used mine at closer ranges cause its kind of a pain in the *albatross* to adjust the hop and I couldnt be arsed to get it perfect

if the "flame" on the adapter bothers you, dont read the warning on the right side of the frame

heh

The hop doesnt appear to be very effective on the bb. Turning the pistol on its side and firing gives the bb little curve in its flight. Can I put this down to the fact that its just too damn cold to get enough punch out of it? Im very much considering using green gas all year round considering East Anglia mild temperature.

Thanks a lot for the info. I looked up the Shooters Design slide and the trademarks look pretty nice from the pics I've seen. Are there tactical sights that go along with them? I think I'm still leaning towards the TK model if I cannot do a full conversion on the KSC one, but if parts are available KSC is also looking good.

There are real tactical adjustable style tritium sight sets that you could try fitting on the KSC. They run around $80-100.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/85059-4532-1121.html

I wouldn't be surprised if they fit. KSC has been good with compatibility with real steal. I read of people using ITI LAM450s on their Mk23s, HK/ITI UTLs on their USPs, and using the KSC TMP silencer on the real SPP.

There are real tactical adjustable style tritium sight sets that you could try fitting on the KSC. They run around $80-100.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/85059-4532-1121.html

I wouldn't be surprised if they fit. KSC has been good with compatibility with real steal. I read of people using ITI LAM450s on their Mk23s, HK/ITI UTLs on their USPs, and using the KSC TMP silencer on the real SPP.

Whether those sights fit would very much depend on whether the blowback unit uses the rear sight to hold it in. I'm not surprised that the aiming modules fit on the airsoft frames, but attaching a silencer with a 6mm inner barrel to a real SPP........ that's quite a thing to do haha.

I find TK twist barrels in general dont respond to hop application like 'normal' smoothbore barrels

they are kinda weird

you kinda diddle with it till it shoots 'just right'

coldness might be a factor tho

but in japan, when I first messed around with the usp, I was shooting at windows 75 feet away with duster wihtout adjusting anything

Archived