Maruzen P99

ruchik

out here in the tropics, a lot of peeps run their GBBs (TM, WE, KJ) on propane/R22 too. a few, like me ;) , who are cautious and stingy, do so infrequently. :D

Well, WE and KJW are brands that are recommended stronger gases because they need the extra power to work like a P99 on 134a or Abbey Ultra. They are not so efficient, and TM is just well build that it can stand stronger gases. You can't compare Tanaka and Maruzen with WE or KJ. And TM and Western Arms seem to work with weak and stronger gases.

So, I wouldnt' take a P99 for games or frequent shootings, where it can waer off easily with the springs or this internal mag release thing being everything but solid.

Well, so to say it is a collector's piece and well for blinking. It definitly depends on the purpose you want to use it.

I have the advantage of living in the country (and even the state) where Umarex has its headquarter. If there's anything wrong with my P99 I just drop it in and get it back fixed … I don't know how Umarex service is over by you, but it should be the same.

The P99 is a very nice gun. A LOT of effort has gone into the design in order to replicate the dinky features of the real gun such as the decocker and the cocked indicator.

It is a little bit fragile though. It's a gun that you should probably use with 134a rather than green gas.

That sums up my thoughts as well. I owned a Maruzen P99 GBB for a short while and found it to be the most comfortable pistol to hold hands down (or hands on? :huh: ). Subjectively I didn't find it terribly accurate, but now I'm interested in giving the NBB a try...although at that point, why not just get an AEP (if only they made a P99 AEP). ;)

This is barely related in any way but I just thought I'd share it...

I was tidying up and I found my old Walther CP99 CO2 pistol. It's a very nice little pistol.

Then I saw the safety catch (cobbled onto the right hand side) and the memories came flooding back....

I bought it years ago and noticed that with the safety applied, if you pull the trigger 2 or 3 times, the safety will slide backwards and allow the gun to fire.

I wrote to Umarex (the supplier) about this and I received a letter back from their legal department threatening me with court action if I publicised this information further.

I, erm... sent a copy of the letter, along with an explanation of my own, to Gun Mart and they made a bit of a fuss about it for a couple of issues. Never did hear back from Umarex though.

Anyway, on topic... erm... Nope. I got nothing. :blush:

• 7 months later...

Ok guys sorry to reopen this thread but I am a bond fanatic but was initially discouraged from buying a P99 GBB because of the hammer spring issue. I really believe that we could find a solution. Couldn't someone take out the hammer spring takes specifications, dimensions... look at this data improve the spring and have the spring manufactured? I mean it can't be that hard all one would need is the length diameter and force provided by the spring. Now he would have all the replacements he would need. We know it wheres out I personally do not know the cause (e.g. spring material, design...) but I am shocked no one has solved the problem. If you guys have any advice please say so. Thanks

I'm not convinced that the problem is the hammer spring. The pistol acts like that could be the problem, but I don't think it's that. The pistols that refuse to cycle are still giving the same velocity readings as before, so there's no indication that the hammer spring would have become weaker.

It's also not the magazine seating issue anymore, since Maruzen changed the material of the magazine so it wouldn't wear out the mag catch.

A more convincing theory and in line with what I've seen is that the valve lock #69 fails to engage when the valve is depressed. When the valve lock won't engage, the blowback action becomes sluggish. This could be fixed with a stronger spring #70, and/or by possibly chamfering the bottom of the front lug on #69 to help it slip over the valve.

I would have tried this theory already if I knew someone with a P99 in need of fixing.

-Sale

Archived