i am 16 nearly i have

maruzen ca870

kjw mk1 carbine

jg mp5sd5

jg m1613

tm deagle chrome

bell eg707 m9

kjw m9 elite IA

i have never been skirmishing-just target practice around house (sounds stupid but its fun with friends)

how old do you have to be to shoot you gun around your house ,can the police do anything if someone complains about you,i bought guns before 2008

i buy guns form hong kong they dont ask for ukara or anything u have to pay a lot for shipping but it is worth it if you cant be bothered to register-some good websites are

rsov.com

uncompany.com

checksixsales.com

does anyone buy rif's like this or not

Yes, yes people do buy RIFs from overseas. It used to be the preferred option as it was so much cheaper.

However, the fact that you're buying RIFs from overseas with no problem raises a whole other issue.

How. It shouldn't be possible, and frankly, makes a mockery of the whole thing.

When importing, it should work like this:

You order. They either ask for a copy of your UKARA details, to put on the box. Or, C&E send you a letter when they catch it saying " Prove your a legit airsofter". You then send them your UKARA ( or w/e ) details. If you don't do either of these, C&E have every right to just chuck it.

So I'd like to know how your doing this.

There's no age limit on owning or using ( althought most sites have a limit for insurance), only buying. You have to be over 18 to buy.

Hi, Please take a few moments to read through this whole sub-section of the forum which is dedicated to answering questions such as yours, but in short regardless of were you buy them from you cannot buy anything gun shaped until you're 18, that include spud guns cap guns, the wii zapper and the Gcon3 and there are further restrictions on "realistic" guns which require you to prove you're a skirmisher at a site with adequate insurance policies (home and contents for shooting in the house does not cover it).

If someone complains to the police you have guns in your house, that means you've allowed them to be seen from outside and you've caused alarm, depending on your local constabulary and in which way its reported, that might mean you get chapped up by a PCSO and warned to keep 'em out of sight, or raided at 3 AM by an armed response unit. Whether you bought the replicas in 2008 or 1908 won't actually be a deciding factor.

However, the fact that you're buying RIFs from overseas with no problem raises a whole other issue.

How. It shouldn't be possible, and frankly, makes a mockery of the whole thing.

I must say, on the 2 occasions that I've imported guns since October I think I've had the items released without any checks being made.

Basically, due to incompetence on the part of HMRC, my guns had been held in customs (with no attempt to contact me) for up to 2 weeks and, when I contacted them, I was told I needed to send them a copy of my "UKARA license" (yes, I know).

On each occasion I ended up asking to talk to a supervisor and, after explaining that I am NOT on the UKARA database but I AM a member of a bona-fide site with liability insurance, my parcel was released and delivered to me.

This might sound a bit shocking but, to put it in perspective, it's very similar to how you often used to have to send HMRC a velocity declaration when you imported a gun.

You didn't need to "prove" anything. You'd just send em an email saying "I can confirm that non of the replica guns in question are capable of discharging any projectile with muzzle energy greater than 1ft/lb" and your parcel would get sent to you.

Course, if they decided to audit your parcel and found it DID contain >1ft/lb guns you'd be in even more trouble.

I suspect HMRC are going to handle the VCRA in the same manner.

Obviously, if you can supply proof to the retailer so he can enclose it along with the shipping invoice for your parcel then all the better.

and then theres the 50 percent or so of stuff that just passes straight thru without any sort of assesment - if its not assesed its not been seen and if it hasnt been seen then nobody knows whats in it.

same rules as before apply when it came to duty ie if you want to gamble that you wont be stiffed for duty feel free to go ahead and spend your last bean on stuff, just dont come crying if you get slapped with a bill for vat n duty you havent lef yourself with the cash to pay...

Likewise if you want to order RIFs from abroad that you arent legally entitled to import, in the hope they'll sail straigth thru without anyone asking you to prove an entitlement to do so then dont come bleating if you find yourself charged with a criminal offence because your order was one of the ones looked at.

It seems that you know about UKARA, therefore I assume you know at least a bit about the VCRA. In which case you should know that knowingly importing realistic imitation firearms is illegal, and that furthermore you do not appear to have a defence against prosecution. I suggest therefore that you stop doing it immediately.

OMG. *Facepalms*

If I had read this earlier I wouldnt have tried to help him out in his other technical post.

if you cant be bothered to register

So , a 16 Y/O is illegally importing RIF's from abroad in order to avoid VCRB restricitions at UK Retailers...

and when he gets in the papers WE (As a sport) get the bad press , has he even played ?

very understanding parents though , hey! firing a Deagle around the house! or even the MK1!

*help offer taken back*

Jim

im noticing a bit of a contradiction here.

airsoftking (stupid name considering you dont skirmish) if you bought the guns from overseas

BEFORE the VCRA came into effect then why would the retailer or customs ask for a UKARA number?

i think you'd find that if you wre to do so now theres a high chance (not guarenteed but high) that

customs WOULD stop your parcel and you would need to provide proof (which you dont have)

furthermore the fact you imported them without defence from the bill would land you in hot water

with the law.

the fact that your underage wouldnt help and that you have NEVER skirmished.

all in all i'd say this is a bad idea whichever way you look at it.

Everything I have bought from Hong Kong has been opened and checked. i strongly suggest you don't that that risk. Remember custom will report you to the police. Now if that does happen and you have been warned, do let us know how the first VCRA test case goes. R vs airsoftking 2008, look at it this way you'll get your name in all the police manuals.

All joking aside, listen to pablo, he knows his apples. Don't be the first, you don't nor do your parents need the hassle.

I'm going to close this now, as airsoftking93 has repeated today that he intends to import RIFs, despite our advice that this would be completely illegal and he has therefore been banned from Arnies.

I can only hope that he takes on board what we've said.

Archived