Non-armor molle-vest

ErikBobbo

I want to by a fully modular molle-rig, but since we run around with bb-guns, I really don't feel the need for armor-plates or kevlar. I've looked on the MAV, but It's somewhat to simple, since I want it to cover back and chest too, and hopefully have room for hydration. I've also looked at weesatch and family, but I've heard bad stuff about integrated mag-pouches. So, which vest/rigs out there offer the modularity/look of a CIRAS/RAV etc. but without beeing that hot/heavy/bulky? Comfort is the big issue, and hopefully someone here has some experience.

I have one of these:

Link

Well, mine's the more basic model but the layout is good (full front, waist only on the back), and it's really light and comfortable and will fit the shortest to the tallest guy. It's indestructible, as well. Ive seenplenty of replica stuff like Guarder fall apart at the seams and even some Eagle stuff showing wear with light Airsoft use, but the FLC I have is easily 8 years old and was in active service. Still solid as a rock.

Best non-plate carrier I have ever seen. Could use more real-estate, but think of it this way: you don't need much for Airsoft, it's lighter with less stuff, and it costs less because you don't need as many pouches to fill it up and have a believable loadout. I know it's not really CIRAS-ey, but you just can't beat it. Besides, I don't know of any non-PC vest that looks anything like a CIRAS.

FLC_800.jpg

http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/Vests.html

Thats just one example. MOLLE vests are pretty easy to come by, although it seems only the Brit airsofters wear and buy them! You don't see them much for sale anywhere else...

EDIT: My bad, Darkchild beat me to it!

A friend has the SORD LAMG vest on that website, and swears by it. The TMV is pretty much a copy, but very good quality.

5.11 VTAC MOLLE vests are nice.

I own the LBE vest in Deep Flat Earth and love it. Its light and made of mesh (Unlike Blackhawk/Condor vest that looks similer to this) so it breathes and so it wont make you sweat very much. Cheap and holds just about everything youll need with good quality. There pouches are pretty cheap aswell. Comes In Deep Flat earth (Pretty much a nice brown shade) and Black

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tactical-lbe-vest.html

They just came out with a Plate Carrier style version which is larger. (Made for Plates, But you dont need them in it)

http://www.lapolicegear.com/5talaplca.html

Kinda settled on an Eagle Rhodesian chest rig, but if anyone can convince me othervice, go ahead. Plan is to buy a camelbak or something and wear it on top or attach it. Actually thinking about a MULE or something so that I get some cargo too.

Archived