aug gb problem

Belladonna

the air nozzle doesnt move,

Want to be any more precise? The air nozzle should move. So I'm assuming that's a bad thing and you've identified the cause of your problem right there. But then you say it's fine... Which is it?

Clean the barrel. Replace the hop rubber if you have one handy. Make sure the nozzle moves like it should in in the gun. IE. Leave the mag out, clear the chamber safely, look into the feed tube and watch the nozzle move back and forth as you fire.

It could be the GB has some settlement issues in the back of the gun. I'm not entirely sure of the symptoms or the fix, but it happens sometimes and what you've described seems a possible effect.

Theres a whole host of things that can attribute to the AUGs missfeed, pretty much all of which have been tackled here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...%20aug&st=0

I couldn't make a suggestion now because there really are a lot of possible problem areas. Just browse through and I'm sure you'll fix it in the end.

• 1 month later...

i had this problem with a G&G L85 caused by myself modding the sector gear to take a 16 tooth piston.

it threw the gear timing out in semi mode so i would get a double feed , then it would dry fire , then another double feed.

if youve fixed the tappet plate/nozzle problem then i'd say it was a gear timing problem

is the problem occuring in semi only? or in both auto and semi?

is there a pattern to the misfires? or is it just random?

i had this problem with a G&G L85 caused by myself modding the sector gear to take a 16 tooth piston.

it threw the gear timing out in semi mode so i would get a double feed , then it would dry fire , then another double feed.

Utter BS

The L85 can do something a bit like that because it cocks the spring after the shot is discharged, not before like most AEGs.

It can be mistaken for mis-timing.

However the problem is not applicable to the AUG's V3 'box.

Check the hop rubber is clean and not damaged, that the barrel is clean and that the hop unit isn't broken and is free to move the couple of mm against the spring in the outer barrel, then try pushing the whole GB forward a bit to get a better seal with the hop by putting a bit of rubber or folded paper between the GB and the GB retaining plate in the battery compartment.

Actually, check the plate is nice and tight before you put a shim between it and the GB.

The AUG's new hop rubber is new, isn't dirty because it hasn't even been skirmished before yet. Gearbox isnt modified in any way. I know cuz the AUG's actually mine and I left it with Pozzie to see if she could fix it. =)

I have my suspicions though. The barrel was removed while a high-cap full of BBs was in the housing, it fed BBs into the inside of the AUG. Was removed, given a shake to remove the loose BBs, but there must have been something still stuck inside because it started sounding wrong once firing was resumed. I think it might have been fixed now, but anyone could shed some light on what went wrong, it would be greatly appreciated =)

The L85 can do something a bit like that because it cocks the spring after the shot is discharged, not before like most AEGs.

It can be mistaken for mis-timing.

actually removing 3 teeth from the sector gear disables the pre cocking feature

when used in conjunction with a 16 tooth piston as it simulates a standard TM sector gear.

It depends which three teeth you remove. Removing teeth doesn't change the position of the cam that cuts off the trigger in single shot.

Putting a TM sector gear in with a standard piston and a spacer makes it run like a normal AEG.

Removing the first three teeth on the piston means the pre-cock function still works, removing the last three teeth might disable the pre-cock feature, I don't know I've never done that.

If you run to powerful a battery in any pre-cocking L85 the inertia of the motor means it runs right past the pre-cock position and fires a shot.

Some run so far past the position that the next shot is discharged and then the next trigger pull cocks it. You get nothing, then two shots then nothing.

Anyway, I assume that if you have stripped the gearbox of the AUG you have had it out of the body and there are no BBs still loose in there?

I would try the gearbox shim then get back on here if that doesn't work...

Archived