40k Scenerio

Gair333

there seems to be quite abit of interest! I also think this is a great idea: Beacause the space marines would be hard to implement on both sides i had a brainwave o a 3rd faction as it were. The space marines would hold 3 major objectives or the games (ammo dumps, holy relics etc) these objectives would be key to the game in someway. Because space marines are VERY hard to kill there would also be in play the "over run rule" the pilots at the Big Game used this. they would only die if they were over run 3 - 1 in a 5 meter radius ( so the wont be easy to take!)

there will ofcourse be other objectives such as key posisitions scattered around and "A package" at each base.

In relation to the teams and scenerio ive been thinking so bounce this one between yourselves.

A Recent chaos attack on the Industrial hive world Ranstaad has left its defences battered and torn. The loyal rifles of the 303rd were being over run untill a small detatchment o space marines were deployed. After afew years of peace small measures were being taken by heretics. Nothing huge, the odd kidnapping for sacrifices, burning downs of hospitals and random attacks on officals. but as chaos does, it started to spread from afew small covens to larger chuches dedicated to the gods of old. Pockets of unrest started to emerge, street fighting and riots were not rare. Civillians started attacking the Heroic space marines with deadly consequence. The space marines, not knowing who to trust any more apart from their fellow brothers started taking deensive posisitions and killing all who dare tread within their grasp.

The world went into poverty and famine. the government over thrown and the economy a wreck, word got back to Imperial command and they dispatched Inquisitor Egor Burnmoor, young by inquisitor standars but brash and bold. On his arrival he would take command of the tattered resources and military leading a stand to banish the evil that has now turned into a plague.

High Priest Hrothgar stood at the podium, the mark of chaos tattooed to his forhead, his eyes just glowing sockets from the infinity he saw, he dictated battle plans to rid this world of loyalist scum to the legions of men beneath him "all pawns for a higher purpose" he thought to himself as words of squalor and mayhem bled from his lips. he turned to the stone tablets liad out inront of him. he knew the men and women below him were scared, how couldnt they be, tied there naked and gagged to the stone tables. This only added to the pleasure he felt "pathetic" the words slpped from his lips. He gave them a fair choice to join his ranks or die, only fitting he thought be these people were stubborn, no cowards, their blood is not worthy or the ritual but it must be done lest word gets out. he lifted a small jaggered blade with a bone handel and slammed it into the chest of a young woman. blood pumped from the wound and the last glimmer of life left her eyes. It was nearly complete. he would ascend. whatver it took. his honour guard

Who can be trusted to do the will of the Imperium, who would do away with the evil on the planet. Time has yet to tell....

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see you were tired when you typed that ;)

Looks like an interesting scenario....only a few things though. High command doesn't send Inquisitors, the Inquisition does that.....if anything an Inquisitor will petition Imperial commanders to use their forces.

The bit of rules about Space Marines left my brain in melt-down...as I'd imagine it would do to most players looking for a good game of airsoft. If you try to do something like that it wil deteriorate into cheat calling and general aggression....as I said before, with the tech you would have to play with you're better off leaving Space Marines out of this. A 5'11" Space Marine isn't going to impress anyone...especially if he's wearing Kelloggs conrflakes packets for armour and totting a TM MP7 instead of a bolter.

What if you replace Marines with Inquisitorial Stormtroopers......your fluff could be something like, after the first Chaos uprising, the Inquisition set up a relatively small Inquisitorial keep somewhere on the Hive world to monitor future taints. The Inquisitorial keep comes under attack, and the defenders (Stormtroopers) now need to hold off the attack until help can arrive. Of course, the forces of Chaos are trying to take the keep before the Inquisitor (loyalist commander) can get out a distress call to the local planetary defence forces and Adeptus Arbites.

Short and sweet and objective based. If you wanted to run a longer campaign, thats also possible....becuase depending on the outcome of this game, will depend on the starting scenario for the next....i.e in the next game either Loyalists are trying to fend off a much stronger Chaos element due to the guys from the original game taking the keep and finding all the juicy Inquisitorial secrets...or, the Inquisitor holds the keep and in the next game leads a much stronger Inperial force to eradicate the remaining pockets of Chaos....

Safest bet would be to remove SMurfs from the game as much as possible.. Chaos cultists, local militia, PDF forces and Inquisitorial troops are are that are needed.

Any CC rules in the pipe? Thinking chainswords and daemon hammers here.. Knife kills with a giant polystyrine hammer?! hell yeah!

EDIT: sat outside in the sun, and cant see my screen very well.. spellings awful!

I belive one of the posters above pointed out one important factor....Games Workshops I.P (Intellectual Property) rights...and those guys will fight tooth and nail to defend it. If you want Imperial eagles, and WH40K names and units on full obvious display....you better make sure this is a charity event where you make no money at all, if not GW (Games Workshop) will not hesitate to drag you off to court.

A while back a group of "fans" (probably not anymore <_<) attempted to make a film based on the WH40K, GW stepped in and basically got the film frozen, by that I mean banned it from being shown. GW made this step AFTER the guys had invested money on props, sets etc and had pretty much finished the film....bear in mind that these guys let GW know what they were doing from the start, it seems callous that GW let them go ahead and even attended the private screening before pulling the plug on the project....on the gounds of I.P protection.

So, another piece of advice....by all means have a Sci-Fi setting, and even take cues from WH40K...(no matter what they say, they can't copyright the German uniform ;) )but don't make this a WH40K event....not unless you intend to advertise through whispers and carrier pigeon.

GW...They should be flattered that their customers still have an interest in their product!! secondly, your not making a living from it! just running some stuff for fun! They can't stop you from dressing up as a marine and running round a field for a laugh! Just announce the game as an inspired by 40K game and off we go! I was involved with the larp LOTR for a few year and never heard a peep and we were spot on with most of the kit!

Find a date, announce it and see what happens....when your ready!

On a side note, a company in Northants just bagged the job to make a rhino assault tank out of a real tank! i'll get some pics when its done if I can!

My thoughts would be...lonely planet - orcs vs gaurd! Nice and easy, green faces for orcs, smart uniforms for Guard! The look will get finished off by the Badges worn and the banners flying...don't forget the banners!!!

Ive got a few dates free at tudders at the end of the year and would love to see all your ideas unfold!

DO YOU WANT A DATE.....?

If not enough peeps are interested, and i'm talking 10+! not a problem!

@ Josh

The biggest problem the OP will have, will be getting enough people who can get the right kit together. I wouldn't expect to see a game of this type this side of Christmas if you're being realistic.

In the meantime, the OP could run a few "trial" games....based on modern Marines vs an Alien / Chaos threat.....perhpas base the game on the reunification wars fought by the Emporer before he turned his forces on the galaxy.

LARP armour / Ice hocky armour could be used.....the good thing is, theres not much information availible for that period of the WH40K universe, so its open to massive interpretation....and it would be a good thing to 1. Generate interest in this type of airsoft play, and 2. Trial out some of the rules and scenarios you would later adapt for the real WH40K game.

Its just an idea to get the ball rolling and use the offer of Gunman airsoft :D

@ Josh

The biggest problem the OP will have, will be getting enough people who can get the right kit together. I wouldn't expect to see a game of this type this side of Christmas if you're being realistic.

In the meantime, the OP could run a few "trial" games....based on modern Marines vs an Alien / Chaos threat.....perhpas base the game on the reunification wars fought by the Emporer before he turned his forces on the galaxy.

LARP armour / Ice hocky armour could be used.....the good thing is, theres not much information availible for that period of the WH40K universe, so its open to massive interpretation....and it would be a good thing to 1. Generate interest in this type of airsoft play, and 2. Trial out some of the rules and scenarios you would later adapt for the real WH40K game.

Its just an idea to get the ball rolling and use the offer of Gunman airsoft :D

Indeed matey! I have piles of kit we could use and adapt! The key here is Impresion, not actual! If the guys look the part who cares about stitch counting! I've watched threads pop up all over the place about these kind of senarios and all you ever see is It can't be done...well balls to that!!! Anything can be done if you have a few bods that are willing to have a go, and this is no different!

Get a dozen guys in the field and see what happens.

lol, rock on and up the Emperor!

@ Josh

Not wanting to tread on the OPs toes (so to speak!) but if the this remains as an idea on a thread....whats the chances of Gunman organising something?

I definately be up for helping out.

I'll happily back the idea and help out on the day but it would be down to you guys to get bums on seats. Start bashing the weekend of 15-16 November around and ill mark it on the calender as a ??

hows that sound!

don't get bogged down with a story or what peeps should wear, just see if enough guys would commit to a weekend of 40k style airsofting;)

excellent excellent excellent! Inq and gunman what if we organise a smaller game, limit it to 30or 50 people. Play for free(unless there are site costs which need to be covered. we can then address any issues with rules (including the melee), costumes and brainstorm with the players about the future scenario. we'll try and keep it casual. and it would be more like the "kill team" missions that were released afew years ago. Tell me what you think.

For the main game, it was going to be over 2 weekends (including night missions) and hopeully a new one every year! whos gettin excited ;)

I agree with doing somthing simple.

I'm thinking two types of uniform...something like US woodland, or ACU for the Imperial troops. Chaos could wear something like "rags" or chav clothing....tracksuits, jeans...nothing military...we could even rustle up some Darth Maul masks to give that Chaos look.

The Imperium could use G36s or MP5Ks.....closest and cheapest modern option I can think of at the moment.

Chaos could use AKs or single shot pump action shotguns....I guess you cans see where I'm going with this.

If we said 50 people, then 1/3rd would be Imperial, while the other 2/3rds would be Chaos.

The first game could be ahold and defend scenario, with the Imperials split into smaller teams and dispersed around the site. One of the Imperial members of the smaller team is the Vox operator and can not use any weapons, the rest of the team have to keep him alive throughtout the first game. In this first scenario Chaos has free run of the site and can attack from any quarter...the Imperials need to stay in their position.

By the end of the game, any dead Imperials become Chaos...this shows the increase in Chaos insurgency...its also a great incentive for Imperials to play well and defend well :D

The remaining Imperials now get to link up, and in this second senario they must make their way across the site to the extraction zone, where an Imperial lander (the last one on the planet) is waiting....again, this will be a relatively quick game, and any Imperials killed become Chaos cultists.

In the last scenario, the remaining Imperials have reached the lander (maybe) but now they have to hold it while one member of the team refuels and preps for take off...this should take x amount of time, so of course the Imperials are once again fighting for their lives. They need to get off planet to launch a stronger signal to the Imperial space station to warn them of the Chaos incursion....chaos wants them dead so that the incursion remains secret until they're ready to expose themselves......

All sounds great guys, check the filmsim weekends we do for a format and airsoft rules.

Love the Chaos vs Imperials idea, would go with OD top and bottom with assault rig, badges and helmit for Imperials, Chaos, I'm sure guys will come up with something better than chav's lol!! I have a few trucks we can dress up as troop transporters! I'd be happy to this at £35 for the weekend as a trial game. That would include all the kit I have for peeps to borrow + a pile of props to get the game going!

Got tons of wild west costume that could be adapted for Chaos 'Scav mercs' (just an idea)...dusters, wide brimmed hats and so on!

Ill get some pics of load out ideas over the next few weeks and see what you guys think B)

If you like, we can see if we can get the Scarovians down there. I know there's at least 3 of us with full kit, including uniforms, webbing and lasgun, and the Commissar almost has full uniform. Josh, you might remember us, James was in his Commissars stuff when we had that campfire a few months ago.

TITAN, Warlords of Fury (Science fiction, futuristic, fantasy with a heavy Greek/Roman/Viking flavour. Think 40K meets Riddick)

Around the great sun god TITAN, the galaxy is at odds with its self. Our story begins on the 3rd Moon of Fury known as Proelium, The Battle Ground, once known as the Jewel of the Lunaris. For centuries the Imperial acolytes Warlords have come to the moon to challenge each other to lethal combat and prove themselves worthy of the Warlords banner. This great sporting spectacle is unforgiving to the indigenous clans peoples of the moon and thousands are killed during the tournaments.

(lol, think ‘unreal tournament’)

Unknown to the Warlords, some of the clans of Proelium are beginning to unite under a banner of Chaos. They wish to end the constant intrusion and destruction of their home world left behind the Imperial Warlords tournaments.

hehe...bit of an irony the Chaos are the good guys;)

How about something like that! got the flavour and reason for low tech equipment...to start with :flamed:

post-14161-1213295717_thumb.png

Well, this has been brought to my attention over on our own Grim Darkness forums and it would be nice to have our members there.

We have a core of 3-4 players who attend Gunman on a regular basis and as we have a membership of 30+ we'd hope to get more present.

We're hoping to host a full weekend LRP event before the end of the year and Gunman was one site we are interested in talking to about it.

Honestly dont have much regular presence on Arnies (what with having our own dedicated forum etc), hence someone mentioning we only have three guys!

For a fuller picture you need to visit the GD forum.

Still, I'll look at this in more detail and if we can get involved at any level it would be nice and apart from scenario details we can help with plot, damage rules and props perhaps.

Personally, whilst we can dedicate a thread on the GD forum I think we should keep this one active so we attract the greatest number of players.

So, my thoughts:

Josh & Gair333,

I have some suggestions that may make this run better.

Games workshop – You want to avoid as much direct reference to there intellectual material. Try for an original scenario, set in a system, on a planet and with regiments not already established in the 40k material.

This isn’t difficult and “as much as possible” means your making a valid attempt at avoiding any direct association with Games Workshops copywrite.

Combatants – Space Marines are impractical. Not least because they’re all 7ft tall and in full armoured suits but you can’t represent something that “superhuman” without unbalancing a game (“how many hits did that guy take?? What a cheat!”).

However, Imperial Guard, Planetary Defence Forces & Chaos Cultists are both easier to represent kit wise but means all the players have virtually the same statistics and this makes the games flow better.

Examples:

Imperial Guard – ACU/Brad-PAT = “one hit wonders”

Stormtroopers – Multicam/Cad-Pat = Special Forces who can be on “deep strike” duties.

Cultists – Mixed pattern (DPM/Black/Jeans!) = “one hit wonders” but defending.

Medic Rules - Personally, I think a medic rules set enhances any game as long as its simple to understand for both sides. I propose a chopped down version of our own Grim Darkness rules similar to the following:

Each player can self medic using a first field dressing (White) after being hit. The dressing has to be visible.

2nd hit and they’re down. They MUST be attended by a Field Medic (could be player-marshalls or normal players who want to play the part). The Field Medic has a limited supply of coloured counters in a dump pouch and Red Field dressings (dyed first field dressings).

He has two counter colours – Black and Red.

When attending on a wounded guy he randomly pulls a counter

Red = place a red dressing on, player can rejoin play

Black = “dead” he must return to HQ/Re-Gen

Players being hit with a Red dressing on are immediately removed from play (considered Black) and on returning to HQ/Re-Gen they hand in there Red dressing, there by removing it from the direct play area.

Once the medic has used all his dressings though he can no longer re-gen players (supplies have run out). Resupply runs can be made back to HQ/Re-Gen to collect one allocation of red dressings but that’ll be a player choice.

I know this gives each player the possibility of taking two hits, however, on a long site such as Gunman this means people aren’t traipsing back and forth so much and you gain a better flow of game and retain units working as units rather than 2-3 people wandering about wondering how and when they might meet up with there mates again.

It also gives units the opportunity to take casualties and then re-group near by as they medic players.

It’s an idea anyway.

Scenario features – One building furthest away could be classed as the chaos base/rebel palace of the planet. Whilst the regular guard troopers have to start at the furthest point the Stormtroopers start at least halfway towards the ultimate objective but they’re few in number. They have several options then:

Reccie the area and relay info back to the main force approaching.

Engage enemy and hope they’re good enough to survive.

Hit and run tactics to engage a greater number of enemy in preparation for the main allied force pushing into the flank.

I’ve toyed with the idea of giving the Stormtrooper force a greater capacity to take damage but perhaps the best way would be to give them a dedicated medic who has a greater supply of beads/dressings and less black colour beads?

Comments??

Medic Rules as above.

Gonna answer some questions I’m sure will be asked.

Medic “beads” – each medic will have 10 beads, 4 Red & 6 Black. This is purely to give sufficient chance 60/40% split. They are not disposable and each medic must keep all 10 beads otherwise they will not be permitted to re-fresh there bandage stocks from the Re-Gen point (so no discarding all the black ones!).

Red bandages - A medic should have no more than 5. I think that’s reasonable, not too high and not to low.

No offence, im sure alot of work has gone into those rules but they are WAYYYY too complex and would not be practical for players who want an anual game. simple shoot and death (as in the books). Hitpoints brings in variables which people will either A) cheat or B) CBA, which affects the funness of the game ( and yes it IS meant to be fun otherwise whats the point) Leave the lARPing for LARPers and airsoft for airsoft.

i would also not like to use medics (especially self healing!) again leads to cheating, and unlike paintball where a shot can be wiped by the medic no such mark exists. If i do decide to use arm bands be aware this will PUSH the cost up to play.

To be fair, my local site uses a medic rule and its extremely simple, basically, you get shot..you call your hit and remain stationary for two minutes....in those two minutes a medic from your side can touch you and you are then recovered....if no medic gets to you, you bleed out and return to regen or go find a medic....sweet and simple. There is a limit to the amount of times any single medic can heal you in a game....but thats easily controlled.

We also have a "drag" rule as well, where if you're shot, a member of your team can drag you to cover or to a medic....

I do agree that the LARPers medic rule seems overly complicated and finiky, and is probably very good if you're used to kind of thing...most airsofters are not.

Archived