Ebay Training Flashbang

pforcerecon

Ive never seen this one before. Very interesting. I have a feeling due to it being pyro, it isnt going to be allowed to be used at many if any field in the US sadly. Sounds like a cool idea though and I would love to see a demonstration of its deployment.

looks like you need gunpower to run it, i dont think this will run well in the uk :(

well i maybe wrong (havent checked up on reloading/black powder law in a while, because i have shot black powder in a while) but i am aware that you can buy bullet head, cases, primers and black powder without a license but you can not own the made up rounds which is odd but anyway thats all i am aware but like i say i could be wrong in the exetreme as i have been out of the black powder shooting for a long time lol

Don't your (UK) BFG's use blank cartridges? That would be so much easier than what these things use. Too bad for us, you have to have a demolition license or something similar to import them to the US.

Better pics here of grenade and reloading kit. Looks like it uses percussion caps to ignite the cannon fuse to detonate a black powder charge.

Yeah, with various adaptors around now our BFGs can take 12guage, 9mm, .25 and .22 blanks.

Isn't the import licence over there about $6000? I'm suprised no one has got one and import a huge quantity of them, i imagine they'd sell well there!

looks like this thing might do well indoor in a cqb environtment or at a big outdoor event but in a more suburban setting. i haven't picked one up yet but when i do, and unless someone doesn't beat me to it, i'll do a full review on it and let you guys know the outcome.

there was another grenade set i got from this website: http://www.dbcpyrotechnics.com/servlet/StoreFront

i posted a thread on it a few pages back, but basically comes with what you see and is pretty loud and bright. i have video and will try to upload it to youtube or something when i get a chance. Although the body i have is different, once i got the blue safety paint off you could vaguely see where it would read ALS Technologies Training Grenade and read the directions. So basically what i got was an ALS Tech training flashbang. And although i'm all out of the fuzes i do need to buy more as well as get this new product which is a lot cheaper and i'm sure just as good.

When i can i'll try n get some pictures.

Dang, that is expensive, pforcerecon.

And I've no idea how much the import license would be, Rob15. Trying to find the price on a government website is a major hassle. And I really don't feel like calling up the local ATF station and asking them directly (eh, maybe I will give them a call just to find out). For all I know, there might be a license required for even owning one of these (doubtful, but possible).

doull76, so far there isn't any license requirement to own either training grenade, at least for the time being of course. that's why i'm trying my best to secure as much as possible, so for the mean time these are unregulated by the ATF. Expensive...ya, but worth it..well i guess it all depends on the individual and the level of experience they might be looking for.

Oh, I wasn't mocking your choice. I usually find you get what you pay for with anything (I know this isn't universal, but a good rule of thumb). I guess I would want to see one in action before shelling that kind of money for one. Is each fuze a one time use only? Or is the fuze reloadable?

ya of course. i don't have the ability to upload pictures at the moment since i mainly used to do it with my camera phone. but tomorrow i'll do a review on the other system when i get a chance. nothing fancy just a small one, and if anyone has any questions just ask.

Ok so here's the small review that i'm going to do on this item: http://www.dbcpyrotechnics.com/servlet/the...y-Device/Detail

Sorry for no pictures, as of this moment camera is not working.

So basically when i recieved the package, it came in a decent medium sized white box. Upon opening it I discovered the Blue Metal Body along with 5 smaller boxed which contained the fuzes. After inspecting them carefully I was expecting it to contain a longer portion for the material that makes it all go BOOM! But just as pictured, the fuze assembly looks just like it does when ordering it.

But don't be fooled by this small shape and size, these things do pack a nice bang. When screwing the fuze into the body its the same as will all grenades, clockwise in, counter-clockwise out. As it mentions on the website, these are made by ALS Technologies, which more info can be found here: http://www.alstechnologies.com/index.php?page=ALSDDTS

And a spec sheet can be viewed as well: http://static.alstechnologies.com/specs/ALSDDTS.pdf

Pretty much the first time trying this out it gave off quite a nice loud bang and flash. Once I got down to the last one, I tried it out at night and the flash and bang was loud enough to set off a few car alarms that were nearby, and momentarily lit the surrounding area, which wasn't that big it was a decent sized alley. Overall a great piece of equipment to have for those training scenarios or just for fun in you next game, that is of course if the field allows it or wherever you may be playing.

If your site allows piros, firework hand grenades are actually incredibly simple devices that you can make on your own. Remember though, there are two differences between an airsoft grenade that goes pop and a real(ish) grenade that goes boom:

1. More powder

2. 10 years in jail

Anyway, there's a guy on youtube that made some homemade airsoft grenades out of paper products, and they actually looked and acted exactly like the real thing. The operating mechanism was even the same. The only differences were the materials, the weight and the size of the explosion.

there's another video that i cam across that i'll post a link to later on when i get home that shows you how to make an incredible smoke grenade, which to be honest amazed me, especially at the simplicity of it. only thing is though you cook it yourself and i'd be very careful too, especially with anything you have to cook over a stove.

Archived