Airsoft PKM

DesertFoxRomel

Typical airsofters... beg and beg and beg for a PKM/VSS/anything that isn't an AR-15, then complain when someone does it and doesn't get it 100% right. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's truly a shame when people are not satisfied with the cartoon version of their dream gun. :sling:

Yep pretty much the same as always. A bunch of people who ###### and moan and then when pre-production pics come out they say it is incomplete and wrong. Of course it is wrong, it is pre-production, that is when they try to get things right.

The only guys on this forum that have a right to complain about how it looks are those guys that have actually built one themselves.

Yep pretty much the same as always. A bunch of people who ###### and moan and then when pre-production pics come out they say it is incomplete and wrong. Of course it is wrong, it is pre-production, that is when they try to get things right.

The only guys on this forum that have a right to complain about how it looks are those guys that have actually built one themselves.

Perhaps, but don't forget that the only reason for them to release pictures of their pre-production product is to drum up interest and/or sales. By doing so, they completely open their product up to criticism. Afterall, this is a discussion forum... people are going to discuss it, which is exactly what is happening. Those who are more acquainted with what it takes to make an accurate PKM have chimed in with their critical eyes. For that, I am super appreciative as they clearly know a lot more than myself on the finer details of the PKM.

I personally think that people are completely within their rights to ask for as accurate as possible replicas. If that weren't the case you wouldn't be seeing all these different threads of people trying to recreate a certain look or recreate a certain piece of kit/gun. Typically, the more accurate and usable it is, the more likely a product will sell well. Obviously it is up to the individual buyer to decide if the inaccuracies are tolerable given the (hefty) price tag.

And to pass off a product's inaccuracies due to it being a pre-production piece is pretty silly. If that were the case they shouldn't have released any pics at all. The intent of releasing pics is to encourage sales... not dissuade them. Which sadly is the result HAG seems to have accomplished here.

Of course it is wrong, it is pre-production, that is when they try to get things right.

Judging from the pics, the only two parts not wrong atm are the original parts (stock, flash hider)... So the moaners have every right to b*tch and moan.

Trasher - I'm not even sure the stock and flash hider are original, I was speaking with two guys in Poland who helped me get parts for my PKM project and they've indicated that getting and shipping real gun parts abroad is getting harder, so a lot of PK projects are being built entirely from scratch.

I'm not sure how true it is, as they were able to get several parts out to me, but that seems to be an issue if you're going to try to sell custom guns.

Well it looks alot like an early production PKM to me.

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg07-e.htm

Perhaps instead of "it looks like *suitcase*", a constructive comment could be made in pre production. Such as the sights need to be changed or the grip isn't right. I am just so tired of airsofters pissing and moaning that there isn't enough variety then when someone comes out with the variety they complain about it not being good variety.

Strikes me as most of you guys can't afford it anyway so why worry?

Well it looks alot like an early production PKM to me....

(words words words)

(attempt at insults based on financial considerations)

Doesn't look like it to me. An early production PKM is a PK, and it looks nothing like it. Again, it's a decent attempt, but it's not worth the price, and it's not exciting enough for me to consider buying (regardless of whether or not I'm working on one). It's like the Trapper Industries offering. It looks nice, and for most people it's good enough. But for those of us who know what we're looking at and know we can do better (and are willing to put our money where our mouth is), this HAG PKM is simply not enough.

How about you buy it, then?

Perhaps instead of "it looks like *suitcase*", a constructive comment could be made in pre production.

Ok, let's get constructive,

- The barrel is wrong

- The frontsight is wrong

- The gas tube is wrong

- The "gas block" is wrong

- The feedcover is wrong

The best way to correct this problem is to visit a war museum, or a collector, and take photos and measurements of a real PKM. Or if the manufacturer already did this, my advice is: try not to cut corners next time.

Without my own PKM conversion project, I'd gladly pay 1000+ EUR for an authentic replica, but not a dime for an unrealistic one.

Am I constructive enough?

urm thats fine logic if we're talking about a self build 'project gun' Commercial product is an entirely different story

Someone knocks up their take on an AC cobra in their shed that turns out looking like a cross between a 2CV and a VW bug they could justifiably turn around and say "well OK then you try it not as easy as it looks".

But Ford starts rattling off a couple of thousand to actually sell to the general public? That "well at least I had a go" defence dont cut it anymore. Whens last time you complained about a meal/piece of software/airline flight etc and were met with response from customer service of 'you try running a restaurant' 'you try writing an OS' etc

• 4 weeks later...

Archived