WA 92f- getting the slide back on!

serioussniper

Hi Guys,

How do I get the slide(s) back on my WA 92f(s).

I've never had this much trouble getting a slide back on!

I can fit it on etc but can't return the 'switch' to the upward position at any time!

I am wondering if I may possibly have refitted the recoil spring and guide wrong but I can't see how I could have!

Hold the pistol in your right hand with the slide in place as far as it will go.

Then with your left index finger push the recoil rod (underneath the barrel) and the slide should fit back into place.

I know it sounds stupid but this is the solution to a common problem with WA Beretta 92s. If you search you will find it has been asked and answered before (there is probably a more descriptive answer somewhere in the archives)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...&hl=beretta

Taken from Just Pistols

When reassembling, give the barrel a little push backwards, into the frame, when turning the disassembly lever - This has caught me out a number of times on WA Berettas, as you don't need to do it on KSCs.

I found the trick was just to gentle apply pressure at the barrel end towards the back of the gun and try the take down lever. If it did not work, push a tiny bit more, repeat several times and it will eventually find the very very sweet spot and lock. It takes a lot of wiggling and gentle pushing to find that sweet spot. It must be something like a 1mm either way and its out of position kind of deal.

I now know for future reference that when I take it down next. I need to set aside at least 15 mins to be very slow and methodical in doing this last part.

Great gun BTW! My first gas gun and I love it to bits. :D

Yeah it's a great pistol but it's got plenty of wee quirks that could drive you mad...see above plus The General's earlier post! (to be fair that one can happen with any WAs though)

The WA Beretta 92 was one of my first GBBs and I was and still am very impressed with it. The fisrt time I fired it though I took aim and for some reason pressed the magazine release catch! The very heavy magazine fell right onto my big toe! Im glad nobody was watching :P But I've just told the many thousands of Arnies members, Doh!!

Hi guy's, I've just bought the WA 92f concerned in this post. I had the problem with the slide catch and hitman2's wording was just right to get it back in first time. Good work that man.

However, I just wanted to check a couple of things as I've only ever owned KSC Glocks prior to this piece and you are all experienced owners.

1) When decocked with or without a mag inserted the hammer should be sitting flush with the slide and not flap around 0.8-1.00cm when moved by hand?.

2) When cocked with or without a mag, when the safety is applied, it should not de-cock the trigger/hammer.

I only ask to check as the piece was advertised in "Good Condition" and although it seems to fire ok I wouldn't consider the above mentioned problems (if in deed they are faults), Good condition considering WA reputation.

Thanks in advance.

As Al said the safety works as a decoker when the hammer is back but it stop the trigger from being pulled if the hammer isn't back.

In regards to the hammer I can't remember what my Beretta 92 PV was like but I've got a WA M9A1 now and there is a bit of play in the hammer and it doesn't sit flush to the slide.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about then.

Cheers for the replies guy's.

Serioussniper: I appreciate the offer but I don't think it's necessary at the moment. I'm getting them to our team gunsmith for a check up and to try and source the spare part for the Elite A1. All three are as advertised IMO and the sale price reflects there condition. I was just a little concerned about the safety catch but if that's the function it serves on a WA model, that's fine.

The only thing I'm missing is the Brass extension valve to be able to gas the mag on the Wilson Combat Pro!, still not been able to fire it yet! :D Don't suppose you have it around?

Archived