Lightweight airsoft parts

twiglet

OK I've had an idea for a wrist blaster (Boba fett syle for you star wars fans) I know it probably wouldn't be very accurate or practical but I still thik it would be cool so i'm looking into how hard it would be to make one.

I want it to be fully automatic so either a very small elctric gearbox setup or gas.

I also want it to be fairly light so I don't end up with one arm longer than the other at the end of the day.

And obviously it's got to be fairly small to fit on my pipe cleaner like arms.

So can anyone give me any sugestions for small light guns or other bits to canibalize for parts, I want to keep the ability to shoot as far as the average AEG if possible, I have got a few old P90 gearboxes lying around but they are a little bit too heavy and bulky for the ideal but if pushed I will use them.

This sort of idea but a lot smaller

wearing_glove_ii.jpg

edit: A lot smaller

Another on a Skorpion AEP.

I'm thinking you could remove the grip (which IIRC houses some trigger switch parts), and have some sort of remote magazine with a tube feed instead of the standard box mags or the quite bulky and heavy drum mag. :P

Without a stock or extended barrel piece my (Maruzen) vz61 takes up about 3/4 of my forearm and I can still pivot my wrist and elbow. I'm 6'1".

The only other thing I think you should remember is that the hop up will cause the BBs to curve if the gun isn't level with the top side up.

It should be a cool project but I don't think it's going to be practical in the least. We already have the easily drawn and put down handgun, and they won't weigh your arm down all the time.

Edit: Make sure it has a laser. :D

i been playing around with a V2 AEP GB recently and i recon its pretty much the best compromise your going to get.

MP7, cz61 or TMP(when it arrives :P) gearbox will happly fit onto a forearm with room to spare for the barrel a flat magazine (think p90, you dont want a "wrist blaster" to have a mag sticking out, so have it flat with the barrel) and probably a battery on somewhere

Archived