eco-friendly silencer/loudener

heroshark

And the Mythbusters already got some unhappy words from the BATF for manufacturing a "machine-gun" by building the 'fastest gun' robot to test whether a person could shoot 5(?) shots from a single-action revolver before a coin hit the ground.

Do the BATF even know how a machine gun operates?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do the BATF even know how a machine gun operates?

Once again... The BATF is the US govt. agency that defines such things... So they get to say what is a machine gun, regardless of the operational specifics.

The general rule is, it it fires more than one shot, with a single "trigger pull", then it's a machine gun. The robot fired 5 shots with the flip of a switch, so... Machine gun!

It's the same reasoning as a hand-crank gattling gun not being a machine gun, because by manually turning the crank you're "pulling the trigger" for each shot... But hook up a small motor to that crank, instead of turning it by hand, and now it's a machine gun.

i think if this was just the black screw on end peice id think about it as i quite like the idea of being louder but no with the stupid bottle on the end i mean if most people spend thousands on looking good and gucci in airsoft, what prat would walk on the battle field with a 2 ltr bottle strapped to the end of it

Just think on before you go calling people prats 'cos they're not as into the whole "looking good and gucci in airsoft" thing as you are. I know a guy who regularly straps a rubber chicken on the front of his gun for lols. Hell, I'm considering making a chainsaw bayonet for mine.

Gucci? No.

Fun? Yep.

I know which I prefer.

i think if this was just the black screw on end peice id think about it as i quite like the idea of being louder but no with the stupid bottle on the end i mean if most people spend thousands on looking good and gucci in airsoft, what prat would walk on the battle field with a 2 ltr bottle strapped to the end of it

Hey, don't knock it... try it with a Dr Pepper bottle. What's the worst that can happen?

I'll get my coat.

Archived