What connection do you use/prefer?

ThompsonMuppet-uK

What connection do you use/prefer?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What connection do you use/prefer?

• Deans
    • Tamiya

i have never understood the deans/ tamya argument.

People say it increases the rate of fire of the gun, but that makes no sence given how AEGs work. The main problem is that people switch to deans as part of other upgrades so deans conectors get credit they dont desurve.

From what I understand, Deans gives a better connection, reducing resistance. Personally, I don't think it makes a big enough difference or what that even affects. Battery life span? I use lipos and tamiyas, and I have had no problems. I probably would use Deans, to be on the safe side, but I suck at soldering.

i have never understood the deans/ tamya argument.

People say it increases the rate of fire of the gun, but that makes no sence given how AEGs work. The main problem is that people switch to deans as part of other upgrades so deans conectors get credit they dont desurve.

I'll admit I've just installed Dean's as part of a MOSFET upgrade...but...they just generally feel better in my opinion. Tamiya connectors feel overly 'plasticy' and don't seem to have any professional feel in them.

On the electrical positives of them...Deans do have slightly (and I mean slightly) lower resistance due to the metal being used in them, since Tamiya connectors corrode dude to the intermittent connections when removing and putting them together and since they are made of thinner (and more chemically reactive) metal they tend to corrode slightly quicker than Deans.

I have only been using tamiyas, but after a recent thread I am going to change my connectors over to deans. Hopefully it should make a difference.

What reasons do you have to change to Deans?

I've generally heard stuff like-

--Higher ROF

--Less resistance(?)

--No overheat/high battery temps.(?)

Are Deans more efficient in the cold?

[muppet]

I already have mosfets installed on my guns and like the better response time and less battery drain. I have read that deans connections would increase my ROF and reduce resistance and give a better more reliable connection. I have always found tamiya connections fiddly and sometimes had difficulty getting them together.

I am not sure about the overheat/high battery temps or if they are more efficient in the cold. I do play in Scotland, but it rarely gets sub zero in the woodland and never really found that a contributing factor.

The real reason that you might have a higher ROF is because the tamiyas connectors have reacted with something and have caused alot of resistance or have corroded away too much so, that when you put in a dean it is doing just a little better than the gun should have done origanally.Also usually with less resistance it creates less heat as the current is having to be used faster so that it can try to make up in the connection with higher resistance but the lower resistance lets the current through without anything to affect it and cause it to heat up.That is unless you are shooting too much then it can become warmer but not hot. But if you have new tamiyas or in good condition they can perform as good as deans just check them more often than deans.

Hope this helps

mike

Click.

Generally I don't bother unless I'm upgrading the wiring or adding a MOSFET. I prefer the way Deans connect over the fiddly Tamiya or minis. I hate screwing around with the pins and trying to get them to line up and I don't like how they feel cheap.

Deans aren't included and aren't generally standard (in my experience, anyway) though.

Deans for me as well. It's an easy to install and cheap upgrade that can make a difference.

It's not like adding a Lipo or highspeed gears, but they certainly help the electrical flow. I'd say go for it, but carry a tamya to deans adapter incase you need to borrow a battery.

Archived