Noisey AK

Dan_Breen

This is more casting about for ideas, and having consulted the search button am starting this one:

I have the silent stealth option covered with a MK23 SOCOM and my G3 is nice and quiet, but for my AK, I want to go the noisey route.

I'll be starting with a JG AK47 Tactical, and will be dropping a mad bull amplifier on the end, but as ever, I want more!

Steel gears tend to change the timbre and I want to make it noisier and more unique, more fun. So any ideas would be welcome, (except the PET bottle idea, that's going a little too far ;))

if you havent got the AK already you might find it easier to amplify the noise from an AKSU. catman did an experiment a while back for amplifying the muzzle crack. IIRC it involved a short barreled gun with a non vented bore up cylinder and a stronger spring to compensate for the loss of power.

essentially the basic concept is wasting the air in the cylinder, by using a non vented bore up cylinder, it will have a greater air volume than necessary and thus the BB will leave the barrel before all of the air has been forced out (which also means it looses power, hence the bigger spring to compensate for this). because of the short barrel and the greater volume of air when combined with a cone or some sort of echo device (the standard AKSU flash hider will already act as a form of amplifier, another option would be to use a silencer with a cone inside, this would both act as an amplifier and an echo chamber) you will have a vastly increased muzzle crack, catman said his result hurt his ears when fired indoors.

similar results will be difficult to achieve with a longer barreled gun, hence my AKSU suggestion. an AK104/5 might work too, but not as well.

Archived