The ultimate stealth Aug build

Wutang

So I recently got my hands on a TM Aug A3 for cheap and am looking to make this gun into the quietest weapon possible on the field.

Here's what I got so far:

1. Helical gears to cut down on noise: I was thinking either Prometheus or Systema, not sure if Guarder makes helical gears. I would like it to be as close to standard ratio as possible for ROF, since I'm only shooting for around 400 fps.

2. Quiet motor: I was thinking EG1000, is there a quieter one out on the market?

3. Dynomat the body

4. Sorbothane on both the piston head and the cylinder head. I was thinking of going with an Angel silent head kit, does it cut down on noise more than sorbo padding? Piston head will be POM obviously.

5. 8mm gearbox with ball bearing bushings. Not sure if this cuts down on noise any, input would be appreciated.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Solid bushings will be quieter than ball races.

You are probably going a bit overkill with a sorb pad on both cylinder head & piston head. Plus, how do you think the sorbo, on the piston head will work? You will have to make a lot of holes in the pad, to match the holes in the piston head, to the allow o-ring to work.

Use Dynomat 'Extreem', it's the easiest to work with & most sound proofing. If you can fit 2 or 3 layers, this will help. Try to get the hole area coated with it, any areas you leave will allow sound/vibe transference.

Phantom kit?

Otherwise, great.

Greg.

You are probably going a bit overkill with a sorb pad on both cylinder head & piston head. Plus, how do you think the sorbo, on the piston head will work? You will have to make a lot of holes in the pad, to match the holes in the piston head, to the allow o-ring to work.

I would most likely order from this guy:

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=1809.0

I run a dynomat'd JG Aug A3, with sorbo(ish) pad, 245mm KM Silencer at 425fps (semi only)

It's pretty quiet as far as firing goes, It's just the Drive train side of things that let it down. I'm running flat ratio gears, 7mm bearings and stock jg motor. Like you I'm hunting for a fully silent option. Motor is next on the list, eg1000.

Over the months I've owned the weapon I've tried many different things, here are some that have been and gone

Air brake mod. Noticeable drop in noise over stock but lost 50fps. Cylinder pad is just as good IMHO but you only loose around 10fps.

650mm tightbore similar to fitting a silencer as far as noise reduction goes when firing rounds BUT the second you dry fire it give one hell of a high pitch whack and I really didn't like what it did to the accuracy.

As mentioned above I've used dynomat extreme and a cylinder pad to good effect on my set up and built my mates aug to the same spec but @332fps.

The git slotted me from 10m away in the back on our way to the start point and I did not hear it. To the point where I started complaining to him about the cheeky *bramston pickle* with the socom in hand about 20m back. In terms of sound output his has very little indeed purely because his fps is so much lower in comparison to mine. So unless you REALLY need 400fps (like me :D) I'd strongly suggest a lower fps setup. just my opinion

K_K

I would most likely order from this guy:

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=1809.0

AUGs use a special cylinderhead... not the standard V3. I didnt see an AUG cylinderhead there. Also thats very pricey... you can get a $8 kit from utc_pyro and glue it yourself.

Check your post on ASF for more info

Archived