Motor Spinning

Sonny

While playing the other day right in a middle of a fire fight my gun stopped shooting, and all I heard was the sound of the motor spinning. First I thought it was just the height of the motor not catching. However even after adjusting it all I hear is the motor spinning, but not compressing the srping. I think the gears are spinning as the air nozzle is still moving, and it sounds like they are. Does this sound like the piston teeth are chewed up?

I dont have a lot of gear box experience, so a little scared to open her up.

Stock G&P gearbox, with a TM Hyper 1000 motor.

If your nozzle is moving then your sector gear must be spinning to move the tappet back and forth, sounds like your piston may have stripped which on a non-AoE adjusted white G&P piston is apparently quite common. You've probably just had the last 2-3 teeth knocked off or blown through, would be an idea to stop firing the gun in case any of the shards jam the gears, they could be stuck somewhere in the piston rack just ready to fall into the gears.

Hit up mechbox.com, all you need is there.

Thanks, thats what I figured RSM. :)

The sound isnt the high pitch of a stripped gear or when the motor is too high. I can hear the gears spinning. Like RSM said, I dont think the tappet plate or nozzle would be moving if the gears werent.

Anyone recommend a replacement piston that wont be prone to this problem?

I have a G&P white piston too, i made sure, well as sure as you can be that the slots were lined up with the GB. Of course my guns tigger contacts look like the surface of mars(lipo plus no mosfet)..so its hard to test it for real but it seemed to pull the piston back as best it could in the correct manner.

Sounds like the back of your piston just snapped off. This recently happened to me in my m16. The back end of my Modify piston just cracked off.

Funny thing is, while it looks as if your piston crapped out, I replaced mine with a G&P white, and fixed the AoE to ensure the problem won't happen again.

Archived